• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics Issues 4-26 just listed on eBay!

46 posts in this topic

Can the Ebay market suppport this price wise in a 1 week time frame? He's included the cert #'s under Item Specifics, so the sales data will get captured by GPA. Does GPA impact what Tec buyers will want to pay moving forward?

Does seem like an odd strategy to uncork these all at once on eBay.

Makes sense to me. Having that many listed simultaneously creates excitement, and exposure, this thread being a good example.

Maybe, but in similar situations when multiple books in a run I was interested in were listed together, I bid significantly less in total than I would have if they had been spread out.

I have enjoyed watching and bidding on many of the very low grade Detectives.

looking forward to seeing the actual prices in an hours or so.

SO we will see what percent a PLOD 0.5 - 1.8 can actually obtain.

I think it is an excellant strategy to list the long run when in the ebay auction format. For the snipers it gives them another chance a few minutes later to bid up a book if they have not spent their budget already.

I have enjoyed watching and bidding on many of the very low grade Detectives.

looking forward to seeing the actual prices in an hours or so.

SO we will see what percent a PLOD 0.5 - 1.8 can actually obtain.

I was keeping an eye out hoping for a bargain, but no dice. I think they all obtained very healthy prices.

Even the very brittle, poor condition #12 -- 'too brittle for CGC to encapsulate' -- finished at $402. That's a lot for a book that literally looks to be crumbling on all sides.