• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink Winter Featured Auction

129 posts in this topic

Anyone know how the other grading service is doing or are we not allowed to discuss it here?

Mike

It's the elephant in the room. I wanted to find a way to broach the subject since all the houses are offering books done by them this time around. I was going to say it's a good way to see if there is a disparity in hammer prices between the two. But i didnt for fear of being run out town.

But there should be a way to have such discussions providing we don't "Promote" the competition. I think it's possible.

Anyone know how the other credible grading service is doing or are we not allowed to discuss it here?

Mike

Fixed! :grin:

That's a good question, Mike. hm

I'll let you know after Comicpalooza (Houston) as the other grading service which shall not be mentioned is scheduled to be setting-up there. There are questions I'd like to have answered (in person) before submitting books to another 3rd party GS that I won't elaborate on here.

So far, I've only submitted to CGC and have very few complaints, so I'll continue to submit to CGC regardless. However, as long as the products and services provided through competition are of comparable quality I believe It benefits all collectors in the long run. My 2c

Anyone know how the other credible grading service is doing or are we not allowed to discuss it here?

Mike

I'll let you know after Comicpalooza (Houston) as the other grading service which shall not be mentioned is scheduled to be setting-up there. There are questions I'd like to have answered (in person) before submitting books to another 3rd party GS that I won't elaborate on here.

So far, I've only submitted to CGC and have very few complaints, so I'll continue to submit to CGC regardless. However, as long as the products and services provided through competition are of comparable quality I believe It benefits all collectors in the long run. My 2c

Don't you mean "the CGC". (shrug)

Mike

Don't you mean "the CGC". (shrug)

Not really, but I did mean to add the word comics after the words submitted & submit to avoid the appearance of submissive behavior! lol

Well the Crime Patrol 15 ended up too high for me, but I landed this one. One of my favorite EC covers:

38fdefd253c16487f65cc4e651b49c1d_zps71f9c549.jpg

I thought that book would go considerably higher. Congratulations on an incredible EC.

Yep. Reasonable price too.

Well the Crime Patrol 15 ended up too high for me, but I landed this one. One of my favorite EC covers:

I thought that book would go considerably higher. Congratulations on an incredible EC.

Me too. I have a 9.2 that I wasn't planning to upgrade, but it was too good to pass up at that price!

Looking this one over again, I'm not too excited. The next CC auction, on the other hand :cloud9:

"So let's talk about rarity. We can talk about how copies of Action 1 and Detective 27 exist in the low hundreds, how some 50s romance comics exist in numbers of only a few dozen..."

to reiterate

1) Action 1

2) Tec 27

3) romance

Looking this one over again, I'm not too excited. The next CC auction, on the other hand :cloud9:

"So let's talk about rarity. We can talk about how copies of Action 1 and Detective 27 exist in the low hundreds, how some 50s romance comics exist in numbers of only a few dozen..."

to reiterate

1) Action 1

2) Tec 27

3) romance

Romance books have sure been scarce in recent auctions. We need some people with great collections to consign a few. :baiting: