• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sellers beware

14 posts in this topic

Had a really bad experience with a buyer. User name is rickma0 .

Asked to buy three of my comics for a really bad lowball offer. He purchased one of my comics on buy-it-now, and I shipped it off as normal.

I received a pretty rude email the morning after he received it. Buyer said it didn't look like the picture, and he wanted a full refund. I was reported and forced to pay return shipping, even though I don't offer refunds, and the comic matched the picture.

Checked his feedback left for others and the feedback left for him, and though his feedback is 100%, he's got negative replies. He's been called scammer in the replies, and it seems like this is something he's shown a proclivity for.

Had a really bad experience with a buyer. User name is rickma0 .

Asked to buy three of my comics for a really bad lowball offer. He purchased one of my comics on buy-it-now, and I shipped it off as normal.

I received a pretty rude email the morning after he received it. Buyer said it didn't look like the picture, and he wanted a full refund. I was reported and forced to pay return shipping, even though I don't offer refunds, and the comic matched the picture.

Checked his feedback left for others and the feedback left for him, and though his feedback is 100%, he's got negative replies. He's been called scammer in the replies, and it seems like this is something he's shown a proclivity for.

Thanks for the tip.

A word to the wise...don't mention in your listing that you don't offer refunds. That diminishes your buying pool and as you just found out, you DO offer refunds on ebay, even if you don't like it.

Instead of trying to fight it, welcome refunds without hassle. Your buying pool will increase, your headaches will decrease, and if you have to eat shipping once or twice a year, so be it. Consider it the cost of doing business.

I can't prove it, but it seems there are those out there who see "no refunds" on an ebay auction and say to themselves "I'll show him!". Get rid of the "no refunds" line and you'll likely see this hassle reduce substantially. My 2c

We as sellers have a lot fewer options than buyers do. It's simple to see why eBay does that, it just sucks to be on the losing end. That said I actually have won bogus claims recently where as a few months ago it seemed you were more likely to get a Steve Ditko SS than to win a claim.

We are talking about an auction site that also has a new rule that states a buyer can cancel their bid AFTER the auction has ended....now explain that one to me.

That annoyed me to no end. I had an auction get a cancel request, which I honored. I relisted the item, and it was canceled by the new "winner." I didn't respond immediately, and eBay did all the work for me by canceling it on my behalf. No negative feedback was allowed. How this "helps" buyers -- it's clear eBay is a buyer's market.

Over the past several years, eBay has given more and more power to buyers while taken it away from the sellers. The only significant thing that eBay has done for sellers lately is the automatic 5-star ratings. Ebay was tired hearing about buyers giving less than 5 stars on shipping charges when the shipping was free. Buyers can leave feedback saying whatever they want even if it has nothing to do with the item.

I do think that you should be able to leave negative feedback for buyers. You can have a bad experience with an unreasonable buyer. So you should be able to share it with other people. I understand why the option was removed when buyers complained about retaliatory negs on their account.

Just got off the phone with eBay. I asked the representative what recourse I had since the buyer was basically getting off scott-free with no ability to receive negative feedback.

She directed me to the "Report a buyer" link, which I'm going to use. I've also contacted the other sellers, who've told me how bad this buyer has been. Hopefully, we can get him banned.