• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's see your all time favorite cover!!

125 posts in this topic

If I went by decade it would be

There are a lot of great GA covers but this is my favorite Joker cover from that period.

tec69.jpg

Honorable mention to Mystic Comics 7. Its got a great Indiana Jones feel to it.

Off the top of my head not sure what I would go with from the 50's. Maybe an EC.

I've always liked this cover more than than the highly regarded issue 4. The OA looks awesome as well.

SS3_zpsa541ae61.jpg

I owned the OA for this for awhile, but the colors really make this pop.

weirdwar.jpg

Honorable mention to Kaluta's Forbidden Tales of Dark Mansion 7. Similar color's and another one I owned the OA to for a time.

1980's What IF 47 as seen above.

A Tie

IG1.jpg

Love the colors Ken Steacy used on this book.

spawn2_zps65e16789.jpg

This has got be be my favorite Dell'Otto painting and he has done a lot of good ones.

batmanjoker.jpg

I love a lot of covers by the all-time greats; Frank Frazetta, Neal Adams, Jim Steranko, Bernie Wrightson, L.B. Cole, Steve Ditko, Dave Stevens and the lists goes on and on. But there are two that stand out for me, Hansi, the Girl Who Loved the Swastika and Treasure Chest Vol. 26 #2. While I enjoy great art, sometimes the appeal of the cover goes beyond the artwork. These two are my current favorites.

Hansi, the Girl Who Loved the Swastika, while competently rendered by Al Hartley, it’s the title and imagery that really grabs you. It looks like a Nazi’s wet dream. But the comic, being a religious publication, is very tame compared to the outrageous cover. Actually, the story is kind of corny which adds to the charm.

hansi_zps3a3cdb5d.jpg

Treasure Chest Vol. 26 #2- This cover is really psychedelic, with the zebra-faced alien, somewhat reminiscent of L.B. Cole. There's a rocket ship that looks like it has a smiling face and a flying saucer with horns. Almost like the artist was on an acid trip. Totally unexpected for a Catholic publication.

aec6f427-e6da-482b-bca2-2664c19b7540_zps6ca830c6.jpg