• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's see your all time favorite cover!!

125 posts in this topic

I love threads like this. :)

I bumped the Top 5 Favorite Covers Thread several times. :cloud9:

I can't narrow it down to one. It's a toss up between two or three. These covers have always just wowed me since I was a kid/teen with the dramatic scenes and bright colors. Nothing really "key" - just covers I always loved.

Here is my Top 10:

qx8ksi.jpg

Infinity Gauntlet #1 came out the summer after 6th grade for me. I remember how excited I was to read and reread that book so many times and waiting for #2, #3, etc. to come out anxiously every month.

Unity #0 came out the following summer when I (like most at the time) were really getting into Valiant. I thought it was so great seeing all of the main characters on the cover facing something powerful together.

Ghost Rider #15 with it's glow-in-the-dark cover was so cool to me when it came out and I used to have it hanging on my wall.

I remember always marveling at Daredevil #184 because Daredevil was always the "good guy" superhero and now he had a big gun and it reminded me of Dirty Harry which was :cool: when I was a kid.

I remember seeing ASM #252 for the first time at a toy store and thought - :o what happened to Spider-Man!?

The others I just always really liked looking at.

If I had to narrow it down, these are probably my two favorites:

10xwkl5.jpg2d7hitt.jpg

My favorite horror comic cover:

34opvll.jpg

There's a lot more I could also pick from, but I'm going to go with this one for now.

CdvmWfP.jpg

I onced owned the original art to this one - it is hand colored by Kaluta - it is an Escher tribute - shouldn't have let it go!

I hope some of my covers will inspire people to read some of the Swan DC SA books-Marvel seems to overwhelm collectors and some amazing DC stuff gets ignored! His run on world's finest #141-172 and his Adventure as well as Jimmy Olsen Superman and Action were stupendous. I have a collection of most of his stuff - comic vine and other sites are not always accurate about which books he drew so I'm the Curt Swan expert if anyone has any questions about a particular book!