• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Spider-Man rumored to be black?

43 posts in this topic

Please, not right away. Introduce Peter Parker, have him reign as Spidey for a couple of years, then introduce Miles in a Spidey film, have them clash and then team up, then have Peter disappear after several movies and have Miles take over. Then bring Peter back somehow a few years later.

Welcome change to tell the truth and not because I have a bunch of the first appearances. I think that Miles Morales is a great character. I've been reading up on him in Ultimate Universe (Marvel Digital Subscription Plug).

I've enjoyed it and it would be a bold move by Marvel.

And let's be honest. How many times can they reintroduce the same character then F it up one film later. There is a formula to the first one that works... But how many times... And they don't seem to know where to take the character after that - unless there is a HORRIBLE goblin that is nothing like the comic to book end him against. I actually like miles more than Peter at this Point. I even enjoyed superior spiderman more than 'I can't get my life together' spiderman.

That's why the marriage actually worked. It gave Peter more than a whoa is me I cannot get my life together aspect. He was not always questioning why he fought, he had something to fight for.

And let's be honest. How many times can they reintroduce the same character then F it up one film later. There is a formula to the first one that works... But how many times... And they don't seem to know where to take the character after that - unless there is a HORRIBLE goblin that is nothing like the comic to book end him against. I actually like miles more than Peter at this Point. I even enjoyed superior spiderman more than 'I can't get my life together' spiderman.

This is the marvel cinematic universe creators who will find away to make him cool again with the audience.

If they can make Rocket Raccoon and Groot household names, then they can make Peter Parker popular again.

We`re not talking Sony Movies.

I`m pretty sure they have plans for Spider-Man all mapped out as we speak before the movie debuts July 28, 2017.

Now I will agree with you the Spider-Man character is at the cross roads and does need something special to win back the fans.

Spider-Man is at where Superman was after Superman Returns,

Hopefully Spidey can bounce back like Superman did with Man of Steel. :wishluck:

That's why the marriage actually worked. It gave Peter more than a whoa is me I cannot get my life together aspect. He was not always questioning why he fought, he had something to fight for.

It depends at what point of view we look at.

If we are aged 6 to 24,then Parker whoa is me I cannot get my life together aspect works. Young people can relate to that, but if your like 35 years old plus it`s kind of hard to relate to teen angst and the whoa is me I cannot get my life together aspect.

I honestly think a good majority of the Spider-Man audience has out-grown him! :o

This will be a key factor in the years ahead as Spider-Man will continually be eternally young while his fan base heads toward Social Security!

Yep, Social Security because the majority of his fan base is probably mid-40s to mid-50s right now.

So the difficulty keeping this character relevant will be how to please both the young and older fans.

It`s going to be difficult.

I don`t see Batman or Superman having this problem because they were never just stuck in that high school and college age period that Spider-Man will never graduate from.

So Marvel has a difficult task ahead to keep the old fans, as well as trying to get new younger fans.

Spider-Man the character is great. I just think some of his audience is outgrowing him. :(

It depends at what point of view we look at it.

If we are aged 6 to 24,then Parker whoa is me I cannot get my life together aspect works. Young people can relate to that, but if your like 35 years old plus it`s kind of hard to relate to teen angst and the whoa is me I cannot get my life together aspect.

I honestly think a good majority of the Spider-Man audience has out-grown him! :o

This will be a key factor in the years ahead as Spider-Man will continually be eternally young while his fan base heads toward Social Security!

Yep, Social Security because the majority of his fan base is probably mid-40s to mid-50s right now.

So the difficulty keeping this character relevant will be how to please both the young and older fans.

I don`t see Batman or Superman having this problem because they were never just stuck in that high school and college age period that Spider-Man will never graduate from.

So Marvel has a difficult task ahead to keep the old fans, as well as trying to get new younger fans.

Spider-Man the character is great. I just think some of his audience is outgrowing him. :(

I easily concede that point. But I must point out that some of us, even in our late teens to early twenties grew up with a married PP. It was not a fleeting story arc. This was something that was given legs. The first issue I happened to have picked up was issue 292. When I started putting together my collection, I went back and read all the back issues as I bought them and even then, at my younger age, it got to the point that it simply seemed like PP was whining all the time.

It depends at what point of view we look at it.

I easily concede that point. But I must point out that some of us, even in our late teens to early twenties grew up with a married PP. It was not a fleeting story arc. This was something that was given legs. The first issue I happened to have picked up was issue 292. When I started putting together my collection, I went back and read all the back issues as I bought them and even then, at my younger age, it got to the point that it simply seemed like PP was whining all the time.

A lot of us could relate to that. A lot of us were married in our twenties so we could still relate to Parker as well. It was like he was growing up with us. Now though that growth has stopped.

I don`t see him being married working anymore. unless they make Parker age into his late 30s and 40s, but then if that happens the younger generation will turn to likely Ben 10 and the Power Rangers to relate to someone in their own age group.

hm

So that`s the point I`m trying to make in how do you keep all the age groups happy?

The young audience can relate to him in high school and college, while the older audience related to him being a married man.

I love young Peter. Part of my issue is that they DO try to make him age. I loose respect for an adult that can't get his act together...

Buzzetta; Sony owns majority casting and creative rights to spiderman. Marvel has the rights to use the character in the MCU in exchange for MCU characters in spiderman flicks. Point being, not everything is roses. Not everything has changed. Sony will likely not want to be too bold with the character or his story. I imagine they will try to be creative where they shouldn't and stay true to the story in ways that make it seem bland. On the Sony side he will likely be rinced out and presented again hoping for a different result. They are a cinematic advertisement. In the MCU he will be a plot devise, not a main character.

Yeah - in the end, he's part of the MCU now, whether Sony's creative team likes it or not. I liken it a liiiitle bit to how each Marvel movie has a different director and writing team. They make it their own, but in the end it's still a Marvel movie and you feel it. I think that's what we're going to get with the upcoming Spideys.

Yeah - in the end, he's part of the MCU now, whether Sony's creative team likes it or not. I liken it a liiiitle bit to how each Marvel movie has a different director and writing team. They make it their own, but in the end it's still a Marvel movie and you feel it. I think that's what we're going to get with the upcoming Spideys.

All the news I've read maintains that Sony keeps creative control (as well as financial backing) on Spider-Man. So while it may behoove them to follow Marvel's lead on this, it is ultimately up to Sony. Marvel can use Spidey in a certain number of films and provide input, but Sony has the final say. :eek: