• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous NYCC Club
1 1

344 posts in this topic

Threw out an offer and was shut down quick, lol not even a counter offer.

Sent an email about the bottom corners... He said it was a bad camera angle and would send me better pictures tomorrow...

What the :mad:

Wait a second.

What's going on here?

This is the SAME book that I SUPPOSEDLY was in communication with this seller yesterday and today about and had a price offered to me from him by email, and I just asked him last night for another pic of the corner and he emails me this morning that he'd send me a better picture tonight..... and now it's up on Ebay?

????

Maybe it is a good thing in the end.

Sent an email about the bottom corners... He said it was a bad camera angle and would send me better pictures tomorrow...

Wait a second.

What's going on here?

This is the SAME book that I SUPPOSEDLY was in communication with this seller yesterday and today about and had a price offered to me from him by email, and I just asked him last night for another pic of the corner and he emails me this morning that he'd send me a better picture tonight..... and now it's up on Ebay?

????

Was in talks with this party as well. He sent me pictures of the book but not of the back spine. Bad business and dishonest. Glad I saw this here. If someone's wanting any copy and doesn't care about the grade then this isn't a bad book to get you in the group but I'm out.

Wait a second.

What's going on here?

????

Was in talks with this party as well. He sent me pictures of the book but not of the back spine. Bad business and dishonest. Glad I saw this here. If someone's wanting any copy and doesn't care about the grade then this isn't a bad book to get you in the group but I'm out.

Before we break out the pitchforks THIS time, be aware I think we all know this guy and have done business with him, and he's a boardie. Maybe he is just busy with work and putting kids to bed and normal life things......

Wait a second.

What's going on here?

????

Before we break out the pitchforks THIS time, be aware I think we all know this guy and have done business with him, and he's a boardie. Maybe he is just busy with work and putting kids to bed and normal life things......

We exchanged a few emails last night and yes he does have a life outside of comics.

I don't know enough about selling comics to judge this sort of business practice whether it's typical or not.

But I think this book is damaged (even the backing board looks crunched on that same corner, probably a drop). To what extent? If better pictures show it in better condition we'll have to wait and see.

Not revving up the flames just yet, but it sounds like he's hedging his bets by simultaneously juggling several buyers and posting it for sale on the bay to sell it asap, IMO.

btw... as far as life outside the board slowing down the communicaitons, today I'm going in for a full day of ct-scans, bone-scans and other tests - so yeah, communication can come to a halt due to life happening outside of comics.

Yeah, definitely don't break out the pitchforks - that sort of thing doesn't help anyone, and it's immature to boot - but that book definitely looks like it has impact damage at the very least. It must be very apparent in hand, so I'm not sure what is going on, but until I saw definite proof otherwise, I'd personally avoid it.

If said boardie shows up and reads this, I have no ill will at all - mistakes happen. I know I've missed damage on a book before, but... I'm just saying, buyer beware.

Just to update.. The seller sent me pics of the spine this morning and it does show minor blunting of the corner but nothing too major. He had no problems sending me the pictures over. Not a bad copy overall for someone wanting in the club.

You should share these pics, I'm confused about what I see on that back cover... it looks like impact damage to me.