• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING starring Tom Holland (7/28/17)
3 3

1,648 posts in this topic

This is probably why Sony is doing the animated version of Miles Morales. It may have setup the live version for the MCU.

Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Exists In The MCU

The president of Marvel Studios has confirmed there's another Spider-Man within the franchise.

Kevin Feige sat down for an interview with ScreenCrush when the producer was doing press rounds for Spider-Man: Homecoming. It was during the chat Feige confirmed the MCU does house Miles Morales.

To give context for the character’s reference, Spider-Man: Homecoming nods to Miles in a roundabout way. Donald Glover plays a character named Aaron Davis, and he is know as Miles’ uncle in the comics. The two characters are intrinsically linked in the Marvel Universe, and Aaron directly name-drops his “nephew” in Spider-Man: Homecoming. The name Miles is never spoken directly, but ScreenCrush was able to confirm the tease was an intentional nod to Miles.

“All of those little things are just Easter eggs for fans until they’re something more than that. But anything that’s happened in the books is potential material for us,” Feige told the site.

“In the meantime, I think Miles is a big part of the animated movie that Sony’s making. But where we go ... we definitely want you to go “He’s there. He’s there somewhere.”

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Director Jon Watts Explains How Peter Parker Was Added To IRON MAN 2

VRJVe3e.jpg

We recently learned that the young boy saved by Iron Man at the Stark Expo in the Armored Avenger's 2010 sequel was in fact, Peter Parker. Tom Holland made the cameo official and now Spider-Man: Homecoming director Jon Watts has shed some light on the thought process that went into this. 

The filmmaker was the one who actually came up with the idea, and even found a way to link Adrian Toomes to The Avengers by taking a line mentioning "damage control" and introducing that group.

"I was watching all these other movies and being like, ‘What if that little kid at the Stark Expo was Peter Parker? In the Iron Man mask.' Like, he’d be about the right age for that. And he loves Tony Stark. ‘Oh, what about after the Avengers battle, who would clean that stuff up?’ Because they mention 'damage control' at one point in the movie. So it’s this thing where, because it’s not completely figured out, that you can just go back and basically write fan fiction for those movies. Then the fan fiction becomes reality."

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige was the one who approved this change and Watts went on to explain who was wearing the Iron Man mask, and was cast as the young Peter Parker. "I remember watching that with [Marvel Studios head] Kevin Feige and everyone and being like, ‘Does the math work on that?’ He was like, ‘It might, maybe.’ Then I found out that was Jon Favreau’s kid."

Yeah - that's dumb. Sort of like revealing more than a year later that Domino wasn't really Domino in X-Force -- something I didn't know for decades because I stopped reading X-Force after # 8.

At least with Web of Spider-Man # 18, you've got the same writer so the post hoc Venom arm reveal isn't total garbage...

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 6:30 AM, OrangeNemesis said:

so they just add peter parker into iron man 2 after the fact.....

ooooooooookkkkkkkkk.....

If they show Aunt May throwing out that tee shirt while cleaning up boxes of old stuff in the Homcoming movie I'll buy it.  That actually would be a cool Easter egg.

Until then it is pretty lame to just say he was in Iron Man after the fact.

If we found out it was Tom Holland in that Iron Man mask, it'd be cool.  Knowing it was Jon Favreau's son, then yea, it just looks like revisionist history on a totally trivial story point that wasn't worth the effort.

28 minutes ago, piper said:

I'm just happy the reviews look good so far!

yeah, but iron man is in it.  aw, what the hell; i'll debase myself and see it anyway since it's sitting at 97% on rt.

19 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

yeah, but iron man is in it.  aw, what the hell; i'll debase myself and see it anyway since it's sitting at 97% on rt.

48 minutes ago, piper said:

I'm just happy the reviews look good so far!

I'll think of it as an issue of Marvel Team-up!  

lets start a pool; which marvel studios flick will be the first to get a "rotten" [<59%] rt rating?  we know what the next 8 or so movies are.

4 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

lets start a pool; which marvel studios flick will be the first to get a "rotten" [<59%] rt rating?  we know what the next 8 or so movies are.

Can you list them off?

The Black Panther and Thor trailers look fantastic. I thought if any movie was going to be a dud, it was going to be Homecoming.

thor, black panther, captain marvel [danvers], ant man and the wasp, two infinity gauntlet avengers movies,  spidey 2, untitled thought to be doc strange 2.

Just now, paperheart said:

encouraging. the trailer didn't win me over and the last 3 Spidey movies were terrible.

i like the first garfield/stone movie alot.  spidey 3 and amazing 2 not so much.

1 minute ago, Straw-Man said:

thor, black panther, captain marvel [danvers], ant man and the wasp, two infinity gauntlet avengers movies,  spidey 2, untitled thought to be doc strange 2.

I'm thinking one of the two Avengers films only because of the size of the cast.

Just now, piper said:

I'm thinking one of the two Avengers films only because of the size of the cast.

i think they may have caught lightning in a bottle on ant-man; i figure a return to that franchise might not be fruitful.

I think Ant-Man 2 or Doctor Strange 2 could be possible let-downs, but perhaps mostly due to Marvel formula fatigue by that point.

The Avengers movies have plenty of challenges due to the huge cast, but the Russo brothers and their writing team have been flat-out fantastic thus far (Winter Soldier, Civil War).  I trust their creative process, although I'm not yet convinced they can make the most out of a CGI Thanos.  He needs to be a compelling villain, and CGI characters like Ultron fall flat for me.  Why Marvel can't focus more on authentic stunts like we see in Fury Road or Logan is beyond me (although the Russos do physicality well within the larger MCU).

Dan

3 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

i like the first garfield/stone movie alot.  spidey 3 and amazing 2 not so much.

Agreed re: Spidey 3. I didn't watch Amazing 2.