• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hierarchy of the Top Golden Age Superhero Comics (2015 Edition)

142 posts in this topic

Value really boils down to supply and demand setting price...assuming you believe the marketplace established value/price based on that criteria

There is just not a lot of demand for the flash. There is a lot of demand for whiz 2/1. That equates to higher value.

You hit the perfect storm on the 6.0 sale. As two higher graded copies have since sold for considerably less

As for mf73, been one if my favs for a long time. Fairly scarce book. But for years there was no demand (I had multiple copies for sale for years at a fraction of current perceived value , and nary a glance). Mf73 is in vogue right now. We will likely see at least one cgc 8.0 come to public market soon. Again, a perfect storm for this book is now. (Imo)

Hey thanks for the compliment Mark. I like you're insight on the early-days behind-the-scenes stuff too. Thanks.

Gator....

You and some others were telling me what sets the price, what they think might happen in the future....but what I really wanted to know was people's personal opinions. It's cool....but now I actually just want to lay-back and talk about it some other time.

I know I hit an extra-good result on my Whiz #2(#1) 6.0 sale. But no better copies have sold for less since then. The 2 'higher-graded' copies you mentioned both had extensive-professional-restoration, and one was even trimmed.

As for MF73....yes it's 'hot' now, but I definitely see it as holding it's value. It might be extra hot now, it might get extra hot in a few years with movies; who knows? You never know exactly what an auction will bring. But I see it as holding value.