• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LUKE CAGE on Netflix
2 2

383 posts in this topic

Sorry if this was mentioned, but have we gotten a release date for this? I know it got moved after Daredevil's second season. I'm hoping it is quicker than Jessica Jones.

I apologize. I missed this.

Luke Cage IMDb page

It looks like April 2016 is when it is expected. Which is probably why they are wanting to release Daredevil Season Two early so as not to distract from Luke Cage Season One.

Too early, they aren't done filming it until mid march

Almost six months after commencing principal photography, Luke Cage, the third Marvel Netflix series leading up to The Defenders, is still well into filming in and around New York. And the latest photos captured from the set almost three weeks ago feature leading man Mike Colter as Cage taking on two officers from the New York Police Department.

24106573494_14c5b21ff2_b.jpg

24439210970_3ba0187b94_b.jpg

24106568054_e26755a6ee_o.png

http://screenrant.com/luke-cage-marvel-netflix-politics-black-lives-matter/

Will Luke Cage Be Marvels Most Political Show Yet?

Unless the sequence depicted in these behind-the-scenes shots doesn’t actually make the final cut of the series, Luke Cage already is the most politically-charged production yet to be associated with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

:ohnoez:

After seeing how horrible Luke Cage was portrayed in my opinion on Jessica Jones I know have no faith any future productions evolving Mike Randal Colter as Luke Cage.

I would have rather seen Dave Chappelle at Luke Cage:

I really didn't like him in Jessica Jones and that is a huge reason I only watched one episode of that show and actually told my friend at the gym today I will not be watching Luke Cage. He seemed kind of small to be playing him as well.

I realize this probably has been said, but SUCH good casting for Luke. Totally buy him in Jessica Jones.

Concur, enjoying all the Netflix/Marvel renditions so far, even my girlfriend is getting into them and she isn't a reader/collector. Only 1 complaint... long wait for the next one!

After seeing how horrible Luke Cage was portrayed in my opinion on Jessica Jones I know have no faith any future productions evolving Mike Randal Colter as Luke Cage.

I would have rather seen Dave Chappelle at Luke Cage:

I really didn't like him in Jessica Jones and that is a huge reason I only watched one episode of that show and actually told my friend at the gym today I will not be watching Luke Cage. He seemed kind of small to be playing him as well.

You should really give it a try.

And, really, in terms of actors...he's gigantic.

Bernthal 5'10"

Cox 5'10" including 6 inches of forehead

Colter 6'3"

That's the same height as Hemsworth.

Hemsworth was 220lbs as Thor, Colter got up to 235 for shooting.

Perhaps it's that they weren't playing up his size or we haven't seen him standing next to DD.