• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LUKE CAGE on Netflix
2 2

383 posts in this topic

Luke Cage Season 1 Episode Titles Revealed

Luke Cage Season 1 episode titles:

1. Moment of Truth

2. Code of the Streets

3. Who's Gonna Take the Weight?

4. Step in the Arena

5. Just to Get a Rep

6. Suckas Need Bodyguards

7. Manifest

8. Blowin' Up the Spot

9 DWYCK

10. Take it Personal

11 .Now You're Mine

12. Soliloquy of Chaos

13. You Know My Steez

Luke Cage premiers September 30th on Netlfix starring Mike Colter as the power man, and Simone Missick as Misty Knight.

Luke Cage Season 1 Episode Titles Revealed

Luke Cage Season 1 episode titles:

1. Moment of Truth

2. Code of the Streets

3. Who's Gonna Take the Weight?

4. Step in the Arena

5. Just to Get a Rep

6. Suckas Need Bodyguards

7. Manifest

8. Blowin' Up the Spot

9 DWYCK

10. Take it Personal

11 .Now You're Mine

12. Soliloquy of Chaos

13. You Know My Steez

Luke Cage premiers September 30th on Netlfix starring Mike Colter as the power man, and Simone Missick as Misty Knight.

For those who don't click the link, and are not in the know, those are all Gangstarr song titles. Edited by Hawkman

COLLIDER: ‘Luke Cage’ Review - Netflix Delivers the Hero We Need

Colter has described the series as Marvel’s version of The Wire, which is bold yet in many ways apt. It’s an intimate portrait of street life, detailing not only the inner workings of the crime syndicates, but also the beleaguered police, sleazy politicians, and the young people in the community who see guns and drugs as an easy way to make money.

Luke Cage, it should be noted, hates guns, and one of the great delights of his fight sequences is not just the physicality he uses to overpower his foes (he wasn’t called Power Man in the comics for nothing, and there are some great nods to Cage’s comic history throughout the season), but also in how he pointedly destroys their firearms as he goes. As he tells Pops, “a man with a gun has no father.”

Luke Cage does an excellent job giving each of its cast members (however long they stick around) distinct personalities and memorable moments that create immediate stakes. Theo Rossi’s Shades isn’t just Cornell’s henchman, he has his own unique story, and one that’s closely tied to Cage’s past. Similarly, Frank Whaley’s Rafael Scarfe, as Misty’s partner, isn’t forgotten or written off as back-up. In this world, everyone has a place, and it matters.

But none shine as brightly as Colter. Like we saw glimpses of in Jessica Jones, he gives Cage a sense of reticence mixed with righteous defiance that hits all the right notes for a hero who uses his strength only as a last resort, and he does so in low tones and with a casual confidence. Though Cage isn’t always confident, he’s extremely principled with a magnetic charisma, making him a kind of Captain America to this ragtag group of vigilantes. Though he may struggle to define his heroism and what it means for himself and Harlem, there are no complications for viewers. He is the hero we’ve been waiting for.

Overall Rating: 5.0/5.0 Stars

Luke Cage Showrunner Teases Heroes For Hire In Season 2

:o

In an interview with Decider, Coker revealed the bad news first.

"Now in my mind — we don’t go into Heroes for Hire in Season One of Luke Cage — Luke Cage Season One is ultimately about the evolution of a hero. I think what’s appealing about Luke is the fact that he’s just somebody who’s just your normal, average guy. He presents himself that way. He’s not pretentious, but then at the same time, feels a responsibility to kind of push forward."

While Cage and Iron Fist (played by Finn Jones) won't be uniting in season 1, that doesn't rule out an appearance under the popular title in season 2, but Coker wants to make sure there will be a season 2 before he gives away any future plans.

"Well, I mean Finn Jones will be in the mix for The Defenders. In terms of Luke Cage, Netflix has to order a second season first. And trust me, I don’t take any of this for granted because I mean there was no more sure thing than Vinyl (ed note: HBO‘s drama was canceled after one season)."

"We’re not treating it as a one-off, and I’m confident people will dig the show, but, trust me, like Season Two, I’ve got a few ideas. But we really won’t get ready until Netflix sees the viewership, and hopefully the subscriptions that will come from this show, and then they’ll say, “Let’s get into it.”