• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Books Sent to CGC Now Delivered :)

31 posts in this topic

Potentially "sad" story...

My wife got me a CGC premium membership as a present, which I thought was quite nice as prior to this, I had always been subbing through a CGC authorized dealer.

Well, it appears my very first submission, my coupon submission no less, has gone off the radar. I shipped from Canada, it made it to the USA and there have been no tracking updates since it was processed through the sort facility in Chicago on the 25th of February.

:cry:

So, basically I am freaking out a bit about my books and the fact that my credit card info was written on the submission form.

I had insured the books but not a crazy value as I did not want to draw too much attention to my package (out of context member quote worthy?). I have shipped to the US many times for other sales and it just sucks as this was my first direct sub and what are the chances that of course something would go wrong with this one? :pullhair:

I'm really hoping that there is just some kind of weird delay and all will be good :wishluck: but in the event it is not, does anyone have any advice, particularly Canadian boardies with dealing with Canada Post and/or USPS in these situations?

Thanks for your time and letting me "worry-vent".

I wouldn't worry just yet.

Things have gotten stuck at a given point for 2 weeks for me, and I am shipping from the US. The USPS tracking only works when packages are actually scanned, and the scan rate can be rather spotty at times.

Best of luck, please update when you find something out for sure.

We've had shipping delays in the Southeast US that could have delayed delivery of your books as they worked their way to Florida. And sometimes it just takes a while. Shipping from US to Canada, it's not uncommon for my books to not show tracking updates, until they're delivered. I think you're fine and just need a bit of time.

We've had shipping delays in the Southeast US that could have delayed delivery of your books as they worked their way to Florida. And sometimes it just takes a while. Shipping from US to Canada, it's not uncommon for my books to not show tracking updates, until they're delivered. I think you're fine and just need a bit of time.

"Glad" to hear there have been some delays...I'm not in full on panic mode, just worry mode and I hope this will end with me posting my books once back safely after CGC gets them. :wishluck:

Dont hit the panic button this soon. (thumbs u

Nope.

And did you try your CanadaPost tracking number on the USPS website? Sometimes that works.

If it gets help up in customs (a very common thing) they might open the package to make sure your customs declaration is true but every time I've had this happen to me they just slit the box top, make sure it's only comics inside, and then reseal and ship off. And that's only if they choose to inspect it.

I wouldn't worry unless it's gone missing for 2-3 weeks. Then I'd inquire.

Dont hit the panic button this soon. (thumbs u

Nope.

And did you try your CanadaPost tracking number on the USPS website? Sometimes that works.

If it gets help up in customs (a very common thing) they might open the package to make sure your customs declaration is true but every time I've had this happen to me they just slit the box top, make sure it's only comics inside, and then reseal and ship off. And that's only if they choose to inspect it.

I wouldn't worry unless it's gone missing for 2-3 weeks. Then I'd inquire.

Yes, I input the number into the USPS tracking site and all that it stated was that it was processed through the Chicago sort facility or something like that and nothing further.

When completing the online customs declaration form, I selected Reason For Export: Other and wrote something like "Personal Comic Books for Professional Grading Service" - Can't remember exactly as I don't have my forms with me right now.

That works. I'd add to your next form "to be returned" and then they know they are not being mailed for commercial purposes.

Good luck!

They're probably just sitting in Customs for a minute. When I receive books from Canada they rarely move through Chicago quickly....and the Chicago update is usually the last one I get before the books actually end up here. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I can't speak to crossing borders, but an intra-US comic was shipped to me (Illinois) from Oregon on Feb 19th. Tracking showed it at the USPS facility on 2/20 in Oregon and then no updates since Monday (3/2), when it magically ended up in Illinois, and was delivered yesterday.

And this was not using Media Mail. Sometimes things just fall off the postal map for a while.

And I think with some of the bad weather that we've had in the Midwest and East Coast, I'm sure it's played a part in the delay as well...I wouldn't worry yet..Odds are it just got slowed down.

+1

The North East and Midwest have been slammed with snow and bad weather.

It will turn up