• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round

194 posts in this topic

Dang I totally missed the grade on ASM 4. I didn't think it was possible to get a 9.8, on a scrape like that. I'm guessing it was a production flaw?

Yeah, I'm assuming they considered it a production flaw. I went back and forth on that one too.

EDIT: I even did a google image search for copies to see if I could find a similar scrape on any other copies. Couldn't find any. Live and learn.

I went a clean 0-18.

Haven't logged on to the board in a week or two and completely missed the seeding round.

But I just tried grading the seed books anyway. Did it quickly and came out with an 11-6 score. I'll spend a bit more time on the Round of 128...

Dang I totally missed the grade on ASM 4. I didn't think it was possible to get a 9.8, on a scrape like that. I'm guessing it was a production flaw?

Yeah, I'm assuming they considered it a production flaw. I went back and forth on that one too.

EDIT: I even did a google image search for copies to see if I could find a similar scrape on any other copies. Couldn't find any. Live and learn.

I did the same thing and other copies didn't have it

I did the same thing and other copies didn't have it

Yeah I checked the interwebz too. I didn't find any others as well. The whole time I was thinking, 'to bad it has a scrape on a otherwise 9.8 book.' Sneaky!

I have no problem to grade older comic books but I am way off with ASM #4 and WD #100!!! Apparently, I have to do my homework on the Modern Age books!

I gave 9.6 for ASM #4 before I changed it to 9.2. It's a tricky one!

Mine is 14-4 .... not bad for my first ever tourney.