• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What buy did you give someone else that you now wish you'd never done?

47 posts in this topic

Since I haven't really sold much of anything from my collection so far, I guess it's really more of offers to buy which were presented to me that I never ended up pulling the trigger on.

My biggest and most classic one being an uber HG set of Spidey's 2 through 10 for the huge sum of $1K back in the latter part of the 80's. This was right at the bottom of the SA market and just before they started to take off like a rocket ship which is still going on 20 years later. doh!

Of course, I had a good reason for passing on the offer which I had a full 2 weeks to think about. It was missing an issue #1 and I figured it would have forced me to over pay to pick up an issue #1 just to complete the run. doh!:screwy:

Had a run of Star Wars from first issue on and gave them to a neighborhood kid down the street for nothing :screwy: