• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valiant first appearances (quick version for beginners) Now with pictures!
2 2

1,097 posts in this topic

I know I'm preaching to the converted but be aware there's a card in Harbinger 0 pink.

I picked one up last month to round out my pre-unity set and was surprised to see it. I've never seen a copy listed as with or without card.

What card is in your Harbinger #0 Pink? hm

Discover Card?

(shrug)

There is no card in Harbinger 0 pink.

I know I'm preaching to the converted but be aware there's a card in Harbinger 0 pink.

I picked one up last month to round out my pre-unity set and was surprised to see it. I've never seen a copy listed as with or without card.

Discover Card?

(shrug)

Perhaps card isn't the right word but there was an insert of some sort.

I'll take another look when I get home and post a pic if I didn't imagine it.

Discover Card?

(shrug)

Perhaps card isn't the right word but there was an insert of some sort.

I'll take another look when I get home and post a pic if I didn't imagine it.

Post a pic even if you did imagine it.

Yes. Harbinger #0. Pink = Coupons cashed in from Harbinger 1-6. Harbinger #0 in Blue, Someone ripped you off because it came FREE with the 1st Harbinger Trade Paperback which also had 2 printings but did not make the extra run on the included issue 0 a 3rd printing, which by all means it should have been.

I think the guy referring to the card inside Harb 0 was referring to the send away version of Magnus 0. The Retailer version of Magnus 0 has no card.

/mic

Sorry for all confusion guys/gal I had my books mixed up.

It was Wildcats 1 Gold that had the insert (I know, I know). Don't know what I was thinking.

Direct your ridicule my way I deserve it lol

Valiant fans generally don't roll that way. :cool:

the 1st Harbinger Trade Paperback which also had 2 printings but did not make the extra run on the included issue 0 a 3rd printing, which by all means it should have been.

I have been under the impression that the 2nd printing of the Harbinger Trade Paperback was not bagged, and therefore did not have a Harbinger #0 Blue (or any other book) included.

However, I realize the only way to know if a Harbinger Trade Paperback is 2nd print is by looking inside... which can't be done while it's in the bag.

We'd need to see someone open a bag, find a 2nd print trade inside with a Harbinger #0 Blue... and then study the Harbinger #0 Blue to see if there is any difference at all with the first (and possibly the only) Harbinger #0 Blue. hm

While we're at it... we'd probably want to confirm that nothing is different about the Harbinger #0 Blue which came with the Harbinger trade paperback with the blue bird logo on the cover. lol

have I got that wrong? I swore I actually remembered something....

:-(

Here's what I think it is... (I found a 2007 discussion were we tried to figure it out)

Harbinger TPB 1st print - black bird, bagged with #0 blue

Harbinger TPB 1st print - blue bird variant, bagged with #0 blue

Harbinger TPB 2nd print - never bagged

Indeed I do, because a Shadowman (2012) 1:50 variant also wound up in that $1.00 bin! And now I am processing all the books that come up nill in searches through MCS to check things, but wow that shop is going to get a revisit from me!

So what book would people value more right now?

Valiantman's Rai 0 CGC 10.0 or a Bloodshot #0 Platinum Error CGC 9.8?

Tought call, Probably the Rai 0 CGC 10.0 but "just to have" I prefer the Bloodshot #0 Platinum Error

I'll have to take a look at the census to see how many Rai 0 10.0 there are.

There is 1 Rai #0 CGC 10 and Valiantman owns it. I would have to say the Rai has surpassed the Bloodshot platinum.

Rai 0 10.0 is more of a CGC rarity than a Valiant rarity, IMO. On a given day any 10.0 could be a 9.9 or vice versa. A Bloodshot #0 error is what it is and there just aren't many out there.

Not knocking your book, Valiantman. It's awesome - just prefer the Bloodshot :foryou:

Agreed - there is a chance that another Rai #0 could be graded CGC 10.

They've graded 500+ copies, with four CGC 9.9 and one CGC 10... so far.

However, there is not a chance that another Valiant comic will be the first Valiant comic ever graded CGC 10.

CGC has graded 21,000+ Valiant comics, making at least $300,000 from grading fees.

Only one will ever be the first CGC 10 Valiant.

CGC 10.0 Rai #0 on November 14, 2001. :grin:

I can't lie. I want that 10 but would never pay the cost.

Kind of disappointed that there won't be an X-O movie coming out (at least for now), but Bloodshot and Harbinger offer Valiant a chance to tie in many other characters.

However, I hope these films have solid scripts because the idea of a super soldier being infused with nanobytes won't grab attention from anything else out there. Maybe I'm wrong, but I have always felt like Bloodshot was a very generic idea/character.

But hey, Harbinger could be solid with the right people behind it. :wishluck: