• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valiant first appearances (quick version for beginners) Now with pictures!
2 2

1,097 posts in this topic

Man, spent the last few hours looking for these. I knew I still had em.

image_zpsqfgfcag5.jpg

I need the Shadowman and Harbinger symbols, and the Turok one. There are also Armorines and Master Darque pins. Maybe more. I still have the backings and bags for a few of mine.

Seems like there are 15 or 20 pins total.

I know there is a gold version of the Shadowman pin that is tough to locate. hm

Man, spent the last few hours looking for these. I knew I still had em.

image_zpsqfgfcag5.jpg

I need the Shadowman and Harbinger symbols, and the Turok one. There are also Armorines and Master Darque pins. Maybe more. I still have the backings and bags for a few of mine.

Seems like there are 15 or 20 pins total.

I know there is a gold version of the Shadowman pin that is tough to locate. hm

Do you have a list of these on the site? IIRC, there's a checklist on the back of the original cardboard that the pins were attached to. I'll send you a copy if you need it.

Here is my pin collection... I think there may be one or two missing, but that's pretty much all of them as far as I know.

IMG_20150429_140951345.jpg

If anyone wants to know anything about them, fire away.

Do you have a list of these on the site? IIRC, there's a checklist on the back of the original cardboard that the pins were attached to. I'll send you a copy if you need it.

The various checklists on the backs of the cardboard are useless. They vary from pin to pin and not a single one of them is complete, even if you do not count the gold pins.

My picture above is a much better checklist... :grin:

Forgive me if I missed this somewhere in this thread but where do the Retailer Review Copies fall into all this? Most are really cheap on eBay and the others don't seem to sell. Do the plain white covers make them undesirable?

Forgive me if I missed this somewhere in this thread but where do the Retailer Review Copies fall into all this? Most are really cheap on eBay and the others don't seem to sell. Do the plain white covers make them undesirable?

No just that the Vol 2 Valiant stuff is not desirable unless Armorines #4. lol

Complete-ists will look for those books but they are far off the radar for others. Speculators will jump on them because they are "rare".

Most Retailer Reviews were printed at about 5,000 copies... and they are from Acclaim, after the market crashed, after Valiant ended.

5,000 copies isn't that far from the standard print run for all the Acclaim comics.

There are very few Acclaim books that have value, primarily those that just never show up in the secondary market.

Since the Retailer Reviews show up often, they've never had a strong demand... and because they're later than Valiant, they never had demand "back in the day".

"Once hot" is clearly winning out over "never hot", when it comes to Valiant back issues.

The strongest books today are those that never really went out of style... like Harbinger #1.

Sure, it fell in price with everything else, but even at its lowest point, it was still the #1 regular issue Valiant to own.

Here is my pin collection... I think there may be one or two missing, but that's pretty much all of them as far as I know.

IMG_20150429_140951345.jpg

If anyone wants to know anything about them, fire away.

Whoa! They're all fantastic!

Yep, Divinity is a great book and great new character. I can't find copies anywhere, was lucky to get ones when it came out. Love the premium format as well. Watch out for this book

I caved, and hit up the Divinity 1:40. I will note that I paid twice what I could have 1 month ago, regular cover 1st and 2nd prints are scarce, and 3rd print is slowly disappearing from all online stores I frequent. Even eBay is low on supply of #1s.

Looks like Midtown is now sold out of the Divinity #1 1:40 LaRosa variant

You grab the one after me Dan?!?!?!? Or did I get the last!?!?!?!? Muahahahahaha (attempt at evil laugh)

I learned my lesson after the last big variant I wanted was 1/2 price at midtown, and sold out, This time midtown was twice the cost of what I should have picked it up for last month.

I recently ordered one from Midtown along with a small pile of other VEI variants and it arrived on Saturday. I was worried about condition but this copy looks stellar. Admittedly, I am a novice when it comes to understanding what (in CGC's mind) separates a 9.4 from a 9.6 from a 9.8 with these modern books, but this copy looks flawless to me. I am pleased.

You grab the one after me Dan?!?!?!? Or did I get the last!?!?!?!? Muahahahahaha (attempt at evil laugh)

I learned my lesson after the last big variant I wanted was 1/2 price at midtown, and sold out, This time midtown was twice the cost of what I should have picked it up for last month.

I grabbed on from Midtown the other day. I went back to get another and they were all gone!

I have a few copies of the 3rd print on the way. Looks like those are disappearing as well.