• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valiant first appearances (quick version for beginners) Now with pictures!
2 2

1,097 posts in this topic

sorry have to ask again, what was the first spider-aliens? I think this is one of the few I haven't picked up yet.

Magnus #6 has a "genetically altered" spider-alien named Chien-Lung who looks human.

Magnus #7 has a "more traditional" spider-alien named Ch'In with only four fingers on each hand and the strange humanoid body style.

Magnus #8 has a final panel with the "traditional" spider-aliens with the tendril-like "hair" - which probably have 6 eyes, but they're wearing helmets so we can't see.

Solar #5 (same month as Magnus #8) has the spideriest spider-aliens, with the large abdomen and long spider legs.

sorry have to ask again, what was the first spider-aliens? I think this is one of the few I haven't picked up yet.

Magnus #6 has a "genetically altered" spider-alien named Chien-Lung who looks human.

Magnus #7 has a "more traditional" spider-alien named Ch'In with only four fingers on each hand and the strange humanoid body style.

Magnus #8 has a final panel with the "traditional" spider-aliens with the tendril-like "hair" - which probably have 6 eyes, but they're wearing helmets so we can't see.

wow, great detail. Thank you! So what would be considered the key or is there not one? Is 6 cameo? I like 7 for other reasons so might just stick with that book

There's not a single book that would be the first spider-aliens without some who would prefer one of the others.

I'd say Magnus #7 is the first where a spider-alien is truly integral to the story, because the spider-aliens are the source of the X-O armors (all styles) and the first X-O armor is in Magnus #7, worn by a spider-alien. Also, the only spider-alien in #6 (which is genetically the most human looking) is revealed to be an alien in #7 along with other the four-fingered spider-alien.

Magnus #7 also describes its X-O armor as less powerful than the X-O Manowar armor... so Magnus #7 is also the first mention of "X-O Manowar", in terms of the armor.

There's not a single book that would be the first spider-aliens without some who would prefer one of the others.

I'd say Magnus #7 is the first where a spider-alien is truly integral to the story, because the spider-aliens are the source of the X-O armors (all styles) and the first X-O armor is in Magnus #7, worn by a spider-alien. Also, the only spider-alien in #6 (which is genetically the most human looking) is revealed to be an alien in #7 along with other the four-fingered spider-alien.

Magnus #7 also describes its X-O armor as less powerful than the X-O Manowar armor... so Magnus #7 is also the first mention of "X-O Manowar", in terms of the armor.

awesome, even more reason to like this book now :devil:

I loved seeing those charts with pre-unity print numbers. Are there any post-unity print numbers available?

I would love to see eternal warrior 5 numbers for instance.

thanks to whoever does all this hard work!

I loved seeing those charts with pre-unity print numbers. Are there any post-unity print numbers available?

Eternal Warrior #5 is about 100,000 copies.

Here's an old page with info about Valiant print runs 1991-1996:

http://www.valiantarchive.com/valiant/printchart.php

Eternal Warrior #5 is about 100,000 copies.

Here's an old page with info about Valiant print runs 1991-1996:

http://www.valiantarchive.com/valiant/printchart.php

thanks, nice not as bad as I thought

Welp, raided the $1 bins again:

Shadowman #8, Harbinger #10, Bloodshot #7, Rai #9 and lastly, a Shadowman #16.

Are you sure there are others looking where I shop? lol

$1 is about right for Rai #9. I know it's the first Spylocke, but that book was a massive target for speculation.

look for all the 1st VEI appearances and #1's and 0's I guess.

History could very well repeat itself again with VEI books being low print runs.

For small printruns don't ignore 2nd-4th prints etc. Some are very hard to find. I XO #10 2nd print comes to mind but there will be others...

So I just did a raw 90's Valiant inventory check

2 copies of Magnus 5

6 copies of Magnus 7

2 copies of Eternal Warrior 4

1 Archer & Armstrong 0

5 copies of Archer & Armstrong 8

8 copies of Rai 0

1 copy of each Rai 1 - 4

4 copies of X-O Manowar 1

1 copy of X-O Manowar 4

1 copy of X-O Manowar 19

3 copies of Shadowman 1

4 copies of Shadowman 2

1 copy of Shadowman 3

3 copies of Shadowman 8

2 copies of Shadowman 16

1 copy of Bloodshot 6

7 copies of Bloodshot 7

1 copy each of Solar 1,2,4 -9

4 copies of Solar 3

11 copies of Solar 10

2 copies of Harbinger 1

3 copies of Harbinger 2

3 copies of Harbinger 3

3 copies of Harbinger 5

1 copy each of Harbinger 4,6,7,17,34

3 copies of Harbinger 10

2 copies of Harbinger 15

1 Deathmate Gold Black

1 Troublemakers 1

1 Visitor 1

2 copies of Q&W 1 (Painted and retailer)

I've been busy over the past few years. Thanks ValiantFans and CGC boards. (thumbs u

Edited by carter3175

Got this in today from my coupon submission I sent in 6 weeks ago before the movie announcements. Needless to say I'm pretty happy with the outcome, I bought it off eBay early last year for $80. I always wanted this book as a kid when I saw it in the Wizard top 10 every month in the early 90's, so it's been a long time coming.

17172784495_0806bcf6ea_b.jpg