• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP Irwin Hasen

12 posts in this topic

Golden Age Legend Irwin Hasen has passed at the age of 96

Rest in Peace

Not sure if this link will work.....

Growing up, his Dondi strip in the sunday News is one of the things that helped me learn to read. It wasn't until much later that I learned he was a Golden age comic artist.

I had the pleasure to meet and talk to him at a few NY shows where he was mostly ignored by fans.

Rest in peace.

Had a chance to talk to him briefly at DragonCon several years ago and bought a print. Very underappreciated, I think. R.I.P.

I certainly grew up reading the Peanuts strip in the daily news paper along with Peanuts, D@ck Tracey and a few others.

Sad to see another of the old guard pass, but I can only hope that I make it anywhere near 96.

fc1276.jpg

Was not sure he was involved in this, but I saw his signature at the bottom

Very sad indeed. :(

He actually began his comic book career in the late 1930s. He had stories published in Marvel Mystery Comics issues 4 thru 9, then went on to work almost exclusively for All American/DC.

He was one of the few creators left from the early golden age. It is sad to lose another link to that magical era.

Hasen%20Green%20Lantern_zpsrlke4udr.jpg