• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forget Marvel, DC, Netflix, ... give me ANY CHEESY MOVIE U WANT TO REVIEW !

157 posts in this topic

You didn't snicker just a bit at the Red Riding Hood jailhouse sex scene? :grin:

... maybe just a little bit ;)

That was so random and over-the-top in an 80's way, it was funny. I just felt Leo Fafard played him too straight, despite the farce like enviroment. I bought it right off because of the indie acclaim it got, but Ginger Snaps it is not. ;)

Agreed... hot, menstrual cycle were-chicks are definitely more entertaining to watch than a drunk werewolf with a gun. Hard to believe its been 15 years since Ginger Snaps came out. :o

Isn't that the craziest sentence right there to read ? lol

xxx ooo

Rupp

What did you think of the Ginger Snaps sequels? I was pleasantly surprised, especially with 3 (Snaps Back: The Beginning).

Good werewolf movies are hard to find.

You didn't snicker just a bit at the Red Riding Hood jailhouse sex scene? :grin:

That was so random and over-the-top in an 80's way, it was funny. I just felt Leo Fafard played him too straight, despite the farce like enviroment. I bought it right off because of the indie acclaim it got, but Ginger Snaps it is not. ;)

Agreed... hot, menstrual cycle were-chicks are definitely more entertaining to watch than a drunk werewolf with a gun. Hard to believe its been 15 years since Ginger Snaps came out. :o

xxx ooo

Rupp

What did you think of the Ginger Snaps sequels? I was pleasantly surprised, especially with 3 (Snaps Back: The Beginning).

Ginger Snaps was another case of a done-in-one movie. If I remember right goth-outcast Emily Perkins no longer wanted to die with her sister Ginger. Anything else would have blunted the emotional sister bond of the original. For a genre movie, I rated it four stars at the time and it was one of my favorite movies of 2000.

Well unfortunately, Ginger Snaps: Unleashed followed as a kind of Werewolf-Girl, Interrupted, while it took the mythology in another direction, yet only expanded Emily's character arc into a corner. I give it a minor pass, due to a young Tatiana Maslany (one of the greatest actresses of the Modern generation) appearing in it. Ginger Snaps Back: The Beginning, was way better than Part 2, yet totally unnecessary too.

xxx ooo

Rupp

I thought they were ok... but for some reason I really enjoyed the main Ginger Snaps girl in American Mary. At least I think that was her hm

Well, I liked that a heck of a lot better than Amazing Spider-Man 2.

:shy:

I would rate it below Black Moon Rising and above Jaws: The Revenge. (thumbs u

I remember seeing Jaws The Revenge in the theater... when the boat impaled the shark, I just put my hand over my face lol

:facepalm:

Well unfortunately, Ginger Snaps: Unleashed followed as a kind of Werewolf-Girl, Interrupted, while it took the mythology in another direction, yet only expanded Emily's character arc into a corner. I give it a minor pass, due to a young Tatiana Maslany (one of the greatest actresses of the Modern generation) appearing in it. Ginger Snaps Back: The Beginning, was way better than Part 2, yet totally unnecessary too.

I agree about 3 being better than 2. But I disagree with the concept of "totally unnecessary." I don't believe unnecessary is an applicable concept to any art form.

I have to admit for a "fine slice of cheese", the DVD/Blu Rays of this movie sold pretty briskly at Walmarts/Best Buys up here for a B-movie. But, then again Miranda Cosgrove's The Intruders did pretty good as well.

I watch how a lot of these move.

I don't see Wolf Cop going in the $5 budget bin anytime soon.

I have to admit for a "fine slice of cheese", the DVD/Blu Rays of this movie sold pretty briskly at Walmarts/Best Buys up here for a B-movie. But, then again Miranda Cosgrove's The Intruders did pretty good as well.

It's hard to beat that $10 Walmart price tag for the DVD if you are a hungry horror fan.

I went thru Wally World today and noticed they had restocked the WolfCop and the Whiplash empty bins that were there the other day. I'm assuming they are Walmarts best sellers lol

Just a note that whoever wants to enjoy this fine slice of cheese... it just popped up on Netflix.

Enjoy !

xxx ooo

Rupp

Actually it did pop up on the 31st, which is when I started watching (at about 2AM), Will finish it this weekend.

Just checked Netflix - looks like it will be available for streaming and as a dvd rental starting tomorrow, 3/31/15!

It's hard to beat that $10 Walmart price tag for the DVD if you are a hungry horror fan.

I went thru Wally World today and noticed they had restocked the WolfCop and the Whiplash empty bins that were there the other day. I'm assuming they are Walmarts best sellers lol

All I can say is I liked Wolf Cop better than Walmart's horror choice of this week: the Julia Stiles cheesy vehicle Out of the Dark. Should have got Housekeeping instead. Once Julia started to use the dumbwaiter to get around the house, you know you're in a B-movie. lol

Last week's horror new release Treehouse wasn't too bad.