• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forget Marvel, DC, Netflix, ... give me ANY CHEESY MOVIE U WANT TO REVIEW !

157 posts in this topic

Just watched a B-movie that blew me away. Not cheesy, just one of those movies with excellent writing, solid acting, and a small budget. Delivered the goods though. :cloud9:

No spoilers, but there is a surprising 'Comic Book' element to it too. I won't say any more than that. :shy:

So if you like imaginative, weird, x-file, outer limits type stuff, maybe a little bit Neil Gaiman-ish, then you'll be surprised and really enjoy the journey...

After (2012). Showing on Netflix and well worth an hour and a half of your time. And if you do give it a go, please post back what you thought.

after-poster.jpg

Just watched a B-movie that blew me away. Not cheesy, just one of those movies with excellent writing, solid acting, and a small budget. Delivered the goods though. :cloud9:

No spoilers, but there is a surprising 'Comic Book' element to it too. I won't say any more than that. :shy:

So if you like imaginative, weird, x-file, outer limits type stuff, maybe a little bit Neil Gaiman-ish, then you'll be surprised and really enjoy the journey...

After (2012). Showing on Netflix and well worth an hour and a half of your time. And if you do give it a go, please post back what you thought.

after-poster.jpg

Sounds interesting... I will pop that on tonight !

xxx ooo

Rupp

I would like to reccommend "Detention".

It's a bizarre comedy-slasher film with a dash of Donnie Darko and time travel. There's a serial killer on the loose, the opening kill sequence stars the live-action body double for Tangled, and it's up to a shortall clad Shanley Caswell and Hunger Game's Peeta Josh Hutcherson to stop them as the killer travels back in time to end time all together. Of course, the movie falls apart by the last 15 minutes, but right up until there are failed suicide attempts, rap battles about baby seals, alcoholic parents, a kid turning into a human fly, Dane Cook, and so much more.

Four stars. The first time I saw this unknown movie I almost pissed myself laughing. The first 25 minutes is probably better than or just as good as The Naked Gun's or Airplane. They throw so many original jokes at you it makes repeat viewings a hoot!

Beware! The trailer sucks though.

xxx ooo

Rupp

:ohnoez: Here's an alternative movie poster to whet your appetite.

After_movie.jpg

Just finished it !

:headbang:

A solid film that I honestly think was one of the better genre pictures I've seen the past year.

This, and the Babadook, are neck and neck for my choice of the independent film award of the year (so far).

Fantastic soundtrack too.

Nice to see Walking Dead alumni, Madison Lintz, as well. Good to see she is doing quality work.

Davenport has found a gem, fellas. Watch it !

xxx ooo

Rupp

:applause: So glad you liked it. :grin:

Turn about's fair play, so I'm going to que up The Babadook and give that a go soon. :popcorn:

And as far as independent films go, was it you that recommended Housebound? Somebody around here did and it was top-tier 5-star goodness. A definite contender for your list imho.

:applause: So glad you liked it. :grin:

Turn about's fair play, so I'm going to que up The Babadook and give that a go soon. :popcorn:

And as far as independent films go, was it you that recommended Housebound? Somebody around here did and it was top-tier 5-star goodness. A definite contender for your list imho.

Oh yes ! Housebound was a lot of fun to watch with more than a few twists and turns along the way. You will like it too ;)

Well, I liked that a heck of a lot better than Amazing Spider-Man 2.

:shy:

I would rate it below Black Moon Rising and above Jaws: The Revenge. (thumbs u

I remember seeing Jaws The Revenge in the theater... when the boat impaled the shark, I just put my hand over my face lol

:facepalm:

The shark roaring was a nice touch though. :eyeroll:

Well, I liked that a heck of a lot better than Amazing Spider-Man 2.

:shy:

I would rate it below Black Moon Rising and above Jaws: The Revenge. (thumbs u

I remember seeing Jaws The Revenge in the theater... when the boat impaled the shark, I just put my hand over my face lol

:facepalm:

The shark roaring was a nice touch though. :eyeroll:

I thought Michael Caine coming out of the water with his clothes absolutely dry was hilarious.

Does Satan own Michael Caine's soul now for obviously doing Jaws: The Revenge for the money? hm

xxx ooo

Rupp

:ohnoez: Here's an alternative movie poster to whet your appetite.

After_movie.jpg

Just finished it !

:headbang:

A solid film that I honestly think was one of the better genre pictures I've seen the past year.

This, and the Babadook, are neck and neck for my choice of the independent film award of the year (so far).

Fantastic soundtrack too.

Nice to see Walking Dead alumni, Madison Lintz, as well. Good to see she is doing quality work.

Davenport has found a gem, fellas. Watch it !

xxx ooo

Rupp

(thumbs u

Great movie guys. It would have not made the list if I hadn't seen it mentioned here, so thank you so much.

:applause:

So I just finished watching this little gem on Netflix…

Zombeavers!!!

After seeing it on Netflix and reading what it was about, I thought it was way too *spoonin* stupid to watch…but then I saw the trailer…(Warning…has some NSFW language!)

The story was decent, acting was pretty good, special effects and makeup were fantastic…the only thing cheap about this were the beaver puppets…but they were supposed to look cheap. Yes…there is nudity…and it is nice!

Even the score was good. Yes, there were some beaver puns and double-entendres but they were surprisingly not overdone or cheesy.

This was a fantastic B-movie…when they start turning into beavers, it is very reminiscent of Evil Dead.

Recommended for fans of Evil Dead, Tucker & Dale vs. Evil, and Cabin Fever.

…and the quotes…

"We cannot turn against each other right now. That's exactly what the beavers would want."

"Filthy, hairy beavers…"

Easily a 4 out 5!

Good werewolf movies are hard to find.

Have you checked out " The Beast of Bray Road " hm

hm Big Bad Wolf. (thumbs u

I honestly don't think I've seen a good werewolf movie since Dog Soldiers came out waaaay back in 2002 :sorry: