• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forget Marvel, DC, Netflix, ... give me ANY CHEESY MOVIE U WANT TO REVIEW !

157 posts in this topic

Good werewolf movies are hard to find.

Have you checked out " The Beast of Bray Road " hm

hm Big Bad Wolf. (thumbs u

I honestly don't think I've seen a good werewolf movie since Dog Soldiers came out waaaay back in 2002 :sorry:

Yup, that's about right for great wolf movies.

"Where's Spoon?"

"There is no Spoon!"

or my favorite (before being eaten),

"I hope I give you the z" :roflmao:

Cool. I wan't even aware of it. I may have seen refs to it but probably got it mixed up with the various documentary type vids on the beast. Now I must find it! (thumbs u

Cool. I wan't even aware of it. I may have seen refs to it but probably got it mixed up with the various documentary type vids on the beast. Now I must find it! (thumbs u

I think I pulled it up on Netflix. Nothing great, but it is watchable. A pretty good twist in it also.

I think I pulled it up on Netflix. Nothing great, but it is watchable. A pretty good twist in it also.

No longer on Netflix - even as a DVD - has the dreaded "Save to queue" so maybe not Netflix. Went to Amazon and new ones are going for almost $200. I mean can you :eyeroll:

Used going for $5 ish but a few bucks for shipping. Based on your "it is watchable" I probably will not spend even the low amount unless I have a HECK of a lot more sake than I've had now (about 600 ml).

:applause: So glad you liked it. :grin:

Turn about's fair play, so I'm going to que up The Babadook and give that a go soon. :popcorn:

And as far as independent films go, was it you that recommended Housebound? Somebody around here did and it was top-tier 5-star goodness. A definite contender for your list imho.

Thought I'd pop in with my 2c on a couple other indie horrors on Netflix worth checking out, if you liked both Housebound and The Babadook (which I did - thought both were outstanding, The Babadook truly excellent).

I saw that Honeymoon generated a lot of praise at some film festivals and had made a mental note to track it down, and I was pumped to discover it recently became available. It truly was one of my favorite films of the past year, possibly longer, irrespective of genre. Forget the dumb Netflix description and the average rating which may be weighed down by kids with short attention spans - this is one unsettling, spooky movie:

I also saw The Pact - starring the appealing Caity Lotz - at a festival with a crowd that squirmed nervously throughout, and can confirm this is also an intelligent, taut film likely saddled by generic marketing. I realize horror fans have suffered through a lot of "something bad happened in the house" movies over the past five years, but this certainly transcends that trope:

Lastly, though I haven't seen it yet, supposedly Late Phases is an above-average werewolf flick, too. It's in my queue and I figured worth mentioning as a more-serious complement to Wolfcop:

If any of you check any of those, let me know your thoughts!

Just watched the Town That Dreaded Sundown remake... er sequel ... er reimagining ... er who knows (shrug)

I must say I actually got tense watching this... and jumped out of my chair twice.

That doesn't happen often lol

NO TEARS FOR THE DEAD

Just watched this on Netflix... its awesome :D

From the director who made Man From Nowhere ( also awesome) ;)

Give it a shot if you like action, violence and a knee to the head lol

Jurassic Attack is currently residing in Walmart's newly minted $3.74 (?) budget bin*.

Very cheesy. A movie only the dynamic duo of Svengoolie and Chuck E. Cheese could love.

It passed the time on this rainy Sunday. (thumbs u

*another resident there is the two older Captain America movies in a dvd combo format. :sick:

I'll toss in another Netfix that surprised: Tracks

Hard to describe this one. Weird story. True story. Insanely good acting, so good it felt like a documentary at times.

So if you want to escape your entire worldview for a while and go on some nutty young girl's quirky true adventure, give it a shot. Personally it was a ridiculously satisfying viewing experience, totally unexpected. :cloud9:Tracks has fairly high Netflix and Rotten Tomatoes ratings and a recent vintage (from 2013).

21067037.jpg