• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four #45 or #46?

28 posts in this topic

Greeting to all comic lovers...

I would like to get a general opinion from the boards.

I got a small tax refund coming about 1k and I want to upgrade my FF 45 or 46.

Currently have each in about GD-VG.

Love the Inhumans and im worried with the movie coming I wont be able to get one for a reasonable price for much longer.

I would now like to get a higher grade copy, somewhere along the lines of CGC 7.0-8.0.

Which one should I get?

All your comments and ideas are greatly appreciated from the new member on the boards.

Thanks in advance.

FF45 would get my vote too, if you think prices are going to go beyond what you can afford, go for the bigger key first.

Alternatively, my missus makes me toss a coin. head = 45, tail = 46. If it lands and you feel a touch of disappointment, you know what you personally really want to do....I know that doesn't take into account price rises and all that, but at least you will be spending Your money o the books YOU want.

P.

Also, Welcome to the boards!!

I'd wait, prices are ridiculous on both books right now.

I need a 46 upgrade myself, but refuse to pay current prices.

I'm going to wait it out, I really believe they will come back down in time.

Not to where they were pre-hype, but less than they are now.

1.) Love the Inhumans and im worried with the movie coming I wont be able to get one for a reasonable price for much longer.

2.) I would now like to get a higher grade copy, somewhere along the lines of CGC 7.0-8.0.

1.) The reasonable prices are long gone, but if seeking value, I think 46 would be the winner as it has seen a bit less heat. But, 45 will likely always be "the" book to have of the two.

2.)I personally always preferred 46 and had wanted a good one for a long time. Bought several very high grade raws of both 45 & 46 last spring/summer because the announcements were clearly coming soon. The 45s I bought because I didnt want to be priced out later, the 46s out of love. If I were going to try to enter now, 45 would probably be my preference.

You all have here a valid point about 45 first inhumans , but who is the leader ?

Black Bolt and his first full app is in FF 46 .

If you had to choose between Avengers 1 and TOS 39 wich one would you choose ?

Avengers 1 for more bang for the buck and for more love from the heart..... :)

I would say FF 45 , its the first App of the group and Blackbolts 1st App even if its a cameo (Think Hulk 180) . Nothing against FF46 but if it were me I would upgrade 45. The first app of the main members FF36, 46 etc will also go up and are great books but again 45 for me.,

I would go with 46. It has more room to grow in comparison to 45. Add in Black Bolt and an all time great cover. But let's be honest there is no wrong decision between the two.

I think it’s a matter of personal preference: you already have them in lower grade, so go with the one you love most. For me it would be a #46 – I need to upgrade it too, but surely not now, I just hope like budsbundy says that they might cool off a bit: I do not consider the movies the true, deep motivation for collecting the original comics.

Yeah, I generally try to upgrade the books that aren't currenty hotter than they've been in 40 years of collecting :D

Surely there are other parts of this run that are a better value to upgrade currently?

I think it’s a matter of personal preference: you already have them in lower grade, so go with the one you love most. For me it would be a #46 – I need to upgrade it too, but surely not now, I just hope like budsbundy says that they might cool off a bit: I do not consider the movies the true, deep motivation for collecting the original comics.