• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looks like the next round of HA and CLINK auctions should have some good stuff

326 posts in this topic

That reminds me, anyone ever know what happened to the Kirby Cap GA page that appeared on eBay a few years ago and was taken down after a couple of days? IIRC, the seller's story was that his grandfather was a delivery boy to the Timely offices in the 30's/40's and 'someone' gave him a couple of OA pages of Kirby's Captain America... Which was then put in the attic and forgotten until 2010-ish. I think bidding had reached 10k before it was pulled. I'd even wondered if the pages were legit.

I remember this vaguely..... from Cap 6 I believe.... a lot of discussion about whether it was S&K or by an assistant. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Looks like his standard methods to me. Many of his pages were ink with marker details added.

If it had been restored, it would be unlikely that they would only restore portions of the page, right? They would have done the whole thing.

Restoration on comic is done quite more then you know, the problem is when it's done it must "MUST" be disclosed, and that it is not.

When an auction house sells a work many times they are not told by the consigner that work was done, this has to change

Zaddick

Speaking of restoration, does anyone know if this mcfarlane page in the next comiclink auction was restored? There seems to be lots of brown faded marker on that page around nice solid blacks. Can't tell if Todd just laid down outlines in marker then tightened the drawn up with india ink on a final pass or if portions of the page was re-inke but after seeing a few brown toned Mcfarlane pages recently it makes me wonder

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fauctions%2Fpreview.asp%3Fcode%3D2015may%26itemtype%3D1%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26pg%3D4%23Item_1057457&id=1057457

I know todd did the bulk of the finished drawing in ink by this time in his career so it's mostly likely he just outlined the areas he was going to spot his blacks with a marker for speed then came back in later with india ink.

What made me curious was not the few detail lines and border that faded but with all the faded marker around the spotted blacks (particularly visible in the last panel) and on the figure blacks like spidey's shoulder in the first panel around spidey's arm and leg in the first panel, the debris on in the left foreground. Around ghost riders jacket in the 3rd panel and the bottom part of the last panel. it seems like either fading or bleeding. I was wondering if some of the blacks had faded and were re-spotted.

My sources tell me that there are some more amazing pieces possibly coming to the CL auction.

whatcho talking about?

What my sources told me.

So you're telling me you have people that know people? And here I always thought you were friendless except for me and the rest of us comic geeks on the boards. :baiting::hi:

ComicLink is continually adding to the auction preview. I submitted some pieces to them last weekend at Wonder Con and most are already posted up on their website.

Here's a Marketplace link to the stuff I've added, including works by Gil Kane, Phil Jiminez, Steve Rude, Greg Land, Charlie Adlard, Bill Sienkiewicz, and Tom Palmer featuring titles and characters like The X-Men, Wolverine, Pixie, Cyclops, Spider-Man, Deadpool, The Walking Dead, The Avengers, Iron Man, Thor, Dr. Strange, The Fantastic Four, Namor The Sub-Mariner, and others.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8522904#Post8522904

My sources tell me that there are some more amazing pieces possibly coming to the CL auction.

whatcho talking about?

What my sources told me.

Well that's not very Frank. (tsk)

whatcho talking about?

What my sources told me.

Well that's not very Frank. (tsk)

lol

I keep looking at the pre-auction stuff and definitely seeing lots of interesting stuff showing up. Anxious to see scans on several items. HA has a bunch of McF stuff. I really love the FF 92 cover on CLINK :luhv:

That FF cover is a wonderful image certainly, but I think the page itself is less appealing. Lots of paste-ups and corrections IIRC.

whatcho talking about?

What my sources told me.

My sources have confirmed more awesome stuff in the upcoming CL auction. :whistle:

whatcho talking about?

What my sources told me.

My sources have confirmed more awesome stuff in the upcoming CL auction. :whistle:

Rob Liefeld? :wishluck:

whatcho talking about?

What my sources told me.

So boobies then? :luhv:

whatcho talking about?

What my sources told me.

Rob Liefeld? :wishluck:

Not that awesome.

whatcho talking about?

What my sources told me.

Perhaps.

whatcho talking about?

What my sources told me.

Perhaps.

my super secret sources tell me there is a Superman 12 cover in the upcoming HA auction. Please don't tell anyone. :gossip:

whatcho talking about?

What my sources told me.

Perhaps.

my super secret sources tell me there is a Superman 12 cover in the upcoming HA auction. Please don't tell anyone. :gossip:

The # 12 is a tad, shall we say, boy on boy erotic, no ?

Eh it was a different era and stuff like that wasn't viewed in a sexual nature. Things translate differently based on era. In today's society yeah it would translate that way but in its day it was just showing how they are all marching together, arm in arm, for a common good.