• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looks like the next round of HA and CLINK auctions should have some good stuff

326 posts in this topic

At 995, 6 more and over 1K. This is the largest Ha OA auction I can remember. I do agree not many high end pieces, great stuff but no one piece that blows me away.

Agreed, that's why I think they'll be some deals, not too much people will go to the Matt for due to the fact there' are many similar level pages.

Fellow posters,

I agree with some messages in that this is way too much art. It will literally take five to six hours to process this part of the auction. I understand that many pages will fall to Saturday's portion of the auction, but I will have to wait and see how HA breaks down the auction in the catalogue.

However, I have to call HA out on their incorrect description of the Starlin Captain Marvel (CM) '27' splash. While they write in their copy description that the splash is from CM 25, they list it as CM 27. In my opinion, wrong answer. Identify the page from the correct comic book and edit the description.

I have a good idea who put the wrong indicia on the lower part of the page when the original indicia disappeared. Why he did this I do not know, but here is the quick backstory. Back in the early 2000s, I had an opportunity to buy several Starlin splashes. When I had the images sent to me, I noticed that many of the splash pages had incorrect indicia at the bottom of the page. You could also observe the lighter shade from a copy machine as evidence of this 'replacement'.

Bottom line: does this affect the art? No. However, HA should indicate that this is the splash to CM 25, not CM 27. This page is from Starlin's first work on Captain Marvel.

Ciao!

PRC

Fellow posters,

I agree with some messages in that this is way too much art. It will literally take five to six hours to process this part of the auction. I understand that many pages will fall to Saturday's portion of the auction, but I will have to wait and see how HA breaks down the auction in the catalogue.

However, I have to call HA out on their incorrect description of the Starlin Captain Marvel (CM) '27' splash. While they write in their copy description that the splash is from CM 25, they list it as CM 27. In my opinion, wrong answer. Identify the page from the correct comic book and edit the description.

I have a good idea who put the wrong indicia on the lower part of the page when the original indicia disappeared. Why he did this I do not know, but here is the quick backstory. Back in the early 2000s, I had an opportunity to buy several Starlin splashes. When I had the images sent to me, I noticed that many of the splash pages had incorrect indicia at the bottom of the page. You could also observe the lighter shade from a copy machine as evidence of this 'replacement'.

Bottom line: does this affect the art? No. However, HA should indicate that this is the splash to CM 25, not CM 27. This page is from Starlin's first work on Captain Marvel.

Ciao!

PRC

good to know

thanks

Fellow posters,

PRC

I entered a comment on that piece and here's the reply from Heritage

The “27” in the header was meant to be changed, but somehow had not been, up until now. It will read as #25 online soon, and in the catalog. Thanks for pointing this out.

Over the years, I've found Heritage to be really good about fixing mistakes in auction listings if you drop them a line.

Are the CLink auctions usually so long? I thought they were around 2 weeks and not 3?

I had the same thought when I noticed they were 3 weeks when I went to go place my marker bids.

Malvin

Are the CLink auctions usually so long? I thought they were around 2 weeks and not 3?

No and I think I remember them being the standard cycle end dates a week or so ago. (I could be wrong.) They must have changed the dates to get them away from the CC auction.

The Mighty Steamboat of my Original Art Dreams has already been dashed upon the Merciless Rocks of Financial Reality.....

Need a Pith Helmet to keep the SD's of the BSD's out of my face. They are leaving bruises.

I thought Junkdrawer here on the boards had purchased it. He had a ton of Harley covers, but he's been liquidating them lately.

The Mighty Steamboat of my Original Art Dreams has already been dashed upon the Merciless Rocks of Financial Reality.....

Need a Pith Helmet to keep the SD's of the BSD's out of my face. They are leaving bruises.

:eek:

To be fair, even on the lots which have seen a lot of early bidding activity, I don't think the prices have met or exceeded where they will likely end up. I have tracking bids in on more than 140 lots, and I doubt any of them have reached FMV yet. 2c