• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looks like the next round of HA and CLINK auctions should have some good stuff

326 posts in this topic

Here's a really stupid question, how do some of the items have a reserve and most do not?

Is that something you just request to Josh? Or is there some sort of fee to run it?

Lots of bids placed, but I don't think these pieces have even reached the low-end of FMV yet. Until reserves start getting tripped and prices start meeting/exceeding expectations, I think everyone needs to...

:grin:

155458.jpg.755e07864436b2fe45c18a97186cb771.jpg

Lots of people just put down tracking bids as placeholders on ComicLink.

I wonder if strategically it's better for a person to bid their near (but not quite) highest offer bid, to get the price hiked up to weed out the lookie-loos and establish a high market value price early, so most non-contenders move out and onto other pieces and it whittles down the pool of viable bidders? Then you get rid of some of the impulse bidders who get into the mix thinking they might be able to win the piece, some of whom get caught up in the emotional bidding war and creating that feeding frenzy.

Or, is sitting back and waiting to snipe the minutes the auction ends still the best strategy to win a piece at the lowest price potentially possible?

Comiclink does usually seem on to get the higher bids earlier than the other sites. Probably several reasons for it in this case.

I got the bad news quickly on one book I wanted as it has already been shot to my max bid range.

Here's a really stupid question, how do some of the items have a reserve and most do not?

Is that something you just request to Josh? Or is there some sort of fee to run it?

Yes, CLINK allows you to set a reserve if you want.

The Mighty Steamboat of my Original Art Dreams has already been dashed upon the Merciless Rocks of Financial Reality.....

Need a Pith Helmet to keep the SD's of the BSD's out of my face. They are leaving bruises.

:eek:

To be fair, even on the lots which have seen a lot of early bidding activity, I don't think the prices have met or exceeded where they will likely end up. I have tracking bids in on more than 140 lots, and I doubt any of them have reached FMV yet. 2c

no doubt; they just exceeded my youthful dreams...

There is nothing in this auction that is MUST HAVE for me...wait a minute...yes there is. But other than that one piece (and that I shall have but its not crazy!) there are some nice pieces but nothing that I am willing to go super nuts for.

The McSpidey's blasted out of the gate last night.

Personally, I was surprised at how fast the Pollard ASM page jumped up.

Yeah, I just saw that one an hour or so ago.

The McSpidey's blasted out of the gate last night.

Personally, I was surprised at how fast the Pollard ASM page jumped up.

Yeah, I just saw that one an hour or so ago.

That is one of the two that I really wanted but will likely pass on.

John B.

I thought Junkdrawer here on the boards had purchased it. He had a ton of Harley covers, but he's been liquidating them lately.

Yeah it currently mine and up with a reserve. I thought I would enjoy art more but I dont. I like comic books more. I'm not the artsy type lol

Found a special piece that I think no one but me will truly appreciate, and I expected acquiring the piece as easily as taking candy from a baby :whee:

So the fact that other persons keep bidding on it is so extremely annoying! :censored:

:facepalm: