• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling at auction: Heritage, CC, or CLink?

25 posts in this topic

ComicConnect and Heritage are partnering with GPAnalysis.

ComicLink is not partnering with GPAnalysis.

CC and Clink charge 10% commission to all sellers. No buyer's premium.

Heritage has 19.5% buyer's premium but no commission for the seller. Technically, many buyers are smarter enough to follow the average sales in GPAnalysis like the average sale for Iron Man #55 CGC 8.5 is about $850. The buyer bids $715 plus 19.5% that will be $856. That is the maximum for the buyer. The seller loses about $139. Hertiage accepts credit cards and PayPal but encourages the buyers to use eCheck or wire transfer to save you about 1% fee.

CC accepts the credit cards and PayPal.

However Clink refuses 3% surcharge from the credit cards and PayPal so the buyers have to pay 3%. Clink always have many nice books than CC. The sellers make handsome profits from Clink because all sales are way above the average sales in GPAnalysis.

You can always decide.

I've heard the exact opposite of that for ComicLink.

My understanding is a lot of dealers buy from CL because it does not achieve GPA a lot of the time. I could be wrong as I've not used CL but those who have tell me typically there are so many books being offered that things slip through the cracks.

Heritage has 19.5% buyer's premium but no commission for the seller. Technically, many buyers are smarter enough to follow the average sales in GPAnalysis like the average sale for Iron Man #55 CGC 8.5 is about $850. The buyer bids $715 plus 19.5% that will be $856. That is the maximum for the buyer. The seller loses about $139. Hertiage accepts credit cards and PayPal but encourages the buyers to use eCheck or wire transfer to save you about 1% fee.

However Clink refuses 3% surcharge from the credit cards and PayPal so the buyers have to pay 3%. Clink always have many nice books than CC. The sellers make handsome profits from Clink because all sales are way above the average sales in GPAnalysis.

You can always decide.

Very informative. What's your view on selling during the monthly auctions versus the big events?

My understanding is a lot of dealers buy from CL because it does not achieve GPA a lot of the time. I could be wrong as I've not used CL but those who have tell me typically there are so many books being offered that things slip through the cracks.

CL blows the doors off of GPA. On the books I go after anyway.

You can always decide.

Very informative. What's your view on selling during the monthly auctions versus the big events?

Big events....if you mean Heritage Signature Auction or Clink Featured Auction (three or four times a year), those books can sell over $4000. Most are expensive rare Golden Age books.

Normal auctions like Heritage Sunday Internet Comics (weekly) or Clink Focused Auction (every month except December), most books will sell under $4000. Both are most popular and affordable.

CL blows the doors off of GPA. On the books I go after anyway.

Which books are you going after?

Depends on the book.

Silver age keys like Brave and the Bold 54 cgc 8.0 and Fantastic Four 5 cgc 2.0

I'd think these two books would do well in the monthly ComicLink auction since there will probably be little competition. The feature auctions every couple months is only for higher priced books like these but people seem to be hunting the highest graded copies at those auctions. I've not used ComicConnect yet so no idea about that one. I'd think these books would not be of the caliber which would go into a Heritage auction or so I've heard.

Depends on the book.

Silver age keys like Brave and the Bold 54 cgc 8.0 and Fantastic Four 5 cgc 2.0

I'd think these two books would do well in the monthly ComicLink auction since there will probably be little competition. The feature auctions every couple months is only for higher priced books like these but people seem to be hunting the highest graded copies at those auctions. I've not used ComicConnect yet so no idea about that one. I'd think these books would not be of the caliber which would go into a Heritage auction or so I've heard.

I could see the B&B54 at Heritage Featured but Saturday, CLink and CConnect

I could see the FF5 at Heritage Sunday, CLink and CConnect

I like CLink or CConnect overall on both of them though...