• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tampa Bay Comic Con - July 31-August 2! Carrie Fisher! Adams, Kitson, Jusko!

92 posts in this topic

We had a great day of sales. Couple of big deals done were icing on the cake.

Thanks for the good deal today Gator! It's been awhile since I've been to a Tampa show

and it was amazing to see how much it has grown. Thanks to Tupe and the King for

making my day. :applause:

Just wanted to say that Stephen and Bill have done a tremendous job with this show, not only growing it so it becomes a great fan experience, but also doing their best to still keep it a comic show. Speaking strictly as a comic buyer who has no real interest in the guests, cosplay, and other assorted hi-jinx, this show had a excellent overall selection of material to buy...not on the level of a Heroes or Baltimore, but still very good. It would've been easy to ignore the comic vendors and focus on those things that simply sell tickets, but there was a really good representation of comics and toys, from dealers large (Gator and Dale) to small. I'm very proud of what these guys have done, but more importantly, how they've done it. Congrats to them on the continued success of the TBCC! :applause:

Yay! 5am fire alarm at embassy

Hopefully false alarm. The thought of sprinklers going off on all these comics makes me ill. Did you have to leave the building?

we left biluilding about 510am. Fire folks arrived about 520. Reset alarm (false). And 5 min after they left it went off again. Reset about 550 and by that time we ate breakfast and went to hall. 8am opening.

Just wanted to say that Stephen and Bill have done a tremendous job with this show, not only growing it so it becomes a great fan experience, but also doing their best to still keep it a comic show. Speaking strictly as a comic buyer who has no real interest in the guests, cosplay, and other assorted hi-jinx, this show had a excellent overall selection of material to buy...not on the level of a Heroes or Baltimore, but still very good. It would've been easy to ignore the comic vendors and focus on those things that simply sell tickets, but there was a really good representation of comics and toys, from dealers large (Gator and Dale) to small. I'm very proud of what these guys have done, but more importantly, how they've done it. Congrats to them on the continued success of the TBCC! :applause:

I bought 4 booths this year. Took a risk (never set up more than 2). We drove 2 vans, 5 workers and let me tell you ...we were relattively busy for 9 straight hours. Didn't need to be there at 8 am. A 9 am opening would have sufficed. First hour kind of dead. But 9-6 was non stop. At one point we were 9 folks deep waiting to pay for comics. Now keep in mind 75% of folks were buying 2/$1 and $1 comics (I think we were only one in room with sub $2 boxes) so we were slammed all day. We also sold a ton (probably 30%) of our bronze and copper stock. And even several gold and silver keys!

Thanks to bill and Stephen this show is again a great success! We will be back with same set up next year.

Only pray no rain at 5 tomorrow when we have to load out!

It's an awesome show, very well organized... The only two issues I had which was the venue's fault 1. You can only withdrawal 100 at the atm per transaction. And 2. The food lines were as bad as Carrie's line... I blame the venue on that... Overall it's a good show, first time attending

Robert,

There's a Tampa Bay Federal Credit Union ATM downstairs that lets you take out up to $400 at a time.

And, tomorrow you and I can walk to Publix and get some REAL sandwiches.

Was it better than the alarm in Rosemont last year?

Oh yeah, you couldn't get in the Embassy last year :P

Was it better than the alarm in Rosemont last year?

Oh yeah, you couldn't get in the Embassy last year :P

it was much earlier :cry: