• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Comic Con, April 7-10, 2016, Seattle, WA

343 posts in this topic

Booths like the Funko Pops should be in their own area. It created a great deal of traffic in front of some other booths. At one point they were directing people to walk all the way around to get to their own booths. Not good for the flow of traffic.

Just took their after show survey and hammered them, hope everyone does the survey, maybe they will get the point.

The Reed survey or the Funko survey? (shrug)

The Reed Survey

I never got one. Is it only for paying customers?

Booths like the Funko Pops should be in their own area. It created a great deal of traffic in front of some other booths. At one point they were directing people to walk all the way around to get to their own booths. Not good for the flow of traffic.

Just took their after show survey and hammered them, hope everyone does the survey, maybe they will get the point.

Just completed mine as well. I hope everyone completes their surveys, so they can work on improving the show for next year.

I thought the show was excellent. Not sure why this show is getting a ton of hate but I thoroughly enjoyed all 4 days I went. People whining about nothing to buy? I found things in all of my interest levels and this show had just about anything and everything on every collectors level from high end to the casual collector. Same with my girlfriend and her son and she isn't even into comics that much.

I loved seeing the artists I was there to see and I really enjoyed meeting artists for the first time. Travis Hanson was fantastic and he was super friendly doing free sketches for anybody. His art was great and I really enjoyed his books. Picked up 2 original drawings and even picked myself up one of his coloring books, can't wait to start it. Super friendly guy.

I don't know how other con's work but I was fully expecting full high retail on rare CGC books. I have never been to this con expecting to find great deals on graded books. Might be different elsewhere though but I saw very little to no graded books moving. Places like Dave and Adam's seemed to just be there for self promotion and advertising and to show off there high end books, nobody was buying.

I think the flow could have been better, or some minor restructuring of booths, like giving more popular artists the space they need? I saw some artists with rather large booths not getting any traffic what so ever.

Vs. somebody like Fiona Staples that could have utilized a much larger space for the amount of traffic to her. Her area was an unorganized mess and she really should have had more space to work in and better flow.

David Petersen had a ton of traffic at his booth, so much so neighboring booths with little to no traffic were asking folks to move because they were blocking there booths.

The couple panels we went to were fun and enjoyable.

To each there own but I loved the show, can't wait to be back next year.