• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Comic Con, April 7-10, 2016, Seattle, WA

343 posts in this topic

Wow - night and day difference compared to the Con reports from last year. I thought this was suppose to be one of the don't miss shows?

It is. If not for Cloud 9 comics unveiling a new collection I would have spent less than $1,000 for the whole weekend. When you do find nice books they are priced as if they are already in a holder.

I walked the floor for about an hour and didn't feel compelled to reach for my wallet even once. Worst Con I've ever been to, by far. Disorganized, generic, difficult to navigate... meh.

I saw about 80% of the show floor and I may not go back tomorrow.

I'm glad others are having the same sentiments about this show as I do. I've been coming to this show for years and have always enjoyed it. This year something feels different, and I can't really figure out why. Hopefully this is an anomaly and not the norm going forward. :wishluck:

Didn't this show change hands in the past year or so? Could that be making a difference?

Wow - night and day difference compared to the Con reports from last year. I thought this was suppose to be one of the don't miss shows?

It is. If not for Cloud 9 comics unveiling a new collection I would have spent less than $1,000 for the whole weekend. When you do find nice books they are priced as if they are already in a holder.

I walked the floor for about an hour and didn't feel compelled to reach for my wallet even once. Worst Con I've ever been to, by far. Disorganized, generic, difficult to navigate... meh.

I'm glad others are having the same sentiments about this show as I do. I've been coming to this show for years and have always enjoyed it. This year something feels different, and I can't really figure out why. Hopefully this is an anomaly and not the norm going forward. :wishluck:

Didn't this show change hands in the past year or so? Could that be making a difference?

I think Reed started running ECCC in 2015.

May be a delayed effect of that transition.

May be a delayed effect of that transition.

Very possible, and I really hope you are correct.

Was Greg Reece set up to sell at ECCC? Reece usually has some choice comics.

Heard that Harley was seen running :whee: to view Cloud 9's fresh inventory.

May be able to make more $$ selling chemical mix bubble tea to all those cosplayers pretending to be Japanese for the weekend rather than back issues. (shrug)

Worst ECCC I've been to so far - weak comic book guest list, a stack of celebrity cancellations and just plain ol' nothing to do after having gone through the small amount of comic book dealers at the show.

Changing my flight so I'm flying back tonight - there's just no point in going to the show tomorrow.

Worst ECCC I've been to so far - weak comic book guest list, a stack of celebrity cancellations and just plain ol' nothing to do after having gone through the small amount of comic book dealers at the show.

Changing my flight so I'm flying back tonight - there's just no point in going to the show tomorrow.

:taptaptap:

What about hanging with me

:taptaptap:

What about hanging with me

Your wife's awesomeness still couldn't save this one, unfortunately.

Was Greg Reece set up to sell at ECCC? Reece usually has some choice comics.

Heard that Harley was seen running :whee: to view Cloud 9's fresh inventory.

May be able to make more $$ selling chemical mix bubble tea to all those cosplayers pretending to be Japanese for the weekend rather than back issues. (shrug)

Yeah. You can't miss his stand because his face is on everything.

no problem thursday going down at border(knock on wood),glad i only bought friday saturday badges.guest list worst i have seen ,had been down every year.panels were really lame.will go calgary show instead next year.hope everyone you went fills out the survey they usually send afterwords with feedback.

This show blew

At least you don't need to cross the USA border to get to Calgary expo plus you have 2 booths there to take a nap at: Human (thumbs u Torch Dave's and Coin City Andy's.

Al, why don't you tell us the real story at the border rather than your highly fictionlized account?