• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Comic Con, April 7-10, 2016, Seattle, WA

343 posts in this topic

Show was pretty meh for me. Had some good moments but I ended up only spending about 4-5 hours a day at the con due to lack of interest. First time I ever spent more for my travel and ticket than on the show floor. After 4 years in a row it might be time to catch a different show next year. I hear Denver is ramping up to be a good one.

Show was pretty meh for me. Had some good moments but I ended up only spending about 4-5 hours a day at the con due to lack of interest. First time I ever spent more for my travel and ticket than on the show floor. After 4 years in a row it might be time to catch a different show next year. I hear Denver is ramping up to be a good one.

C2E2 sounds like the best con nowadays, but thats from word of mouth, never been there myself.

Jerome

C2E2 sounds like the best con nowadays, but thats from word of mouth, never been there myself.

Jerome

C2E2 wasn't that good this year either.

I thought the show was great. I was at the Artist Alley majority of the time. Was just there Thursday, Friday and left at 12 noon Saturday.

Got the sketches from some of the artist and I was busy getting sigs for this Superman cover.

IMG_1418.jpg

I thought the show was great. I was at the Artist Alley majority of the time. Was just there Thursday, Friday and left at 12 noon Saturday.

Got the sketches from some of the artist and I was busy getting sigs for this Superman cover.

IMG_1418.jpg

Great idea for this one! Are they all artists who did Superman at one time past and present?

IMG_1418.jpg

Great idea for this one! Are they all artists who did Superman at one time past and present?

Yeah artist that were involved with the Superman series.

IMG_1418.jpg

Yeah artist that were involved with the Superman series.

Bravo...a huge regret of mine was not doing something similar at last years Connecticut CC with all the Superman artist from the early 90's..missed opportunity

Reed bought them out in 2015 but it was right before the con so the ECCC owners set up 2015, this is Reed's 1st year running it on their own.

This was the last year of Emerald City's former floor plan as I was told by Reed.

Hopefully the 2017 floor plan will be better organized.

Reed bought them out in 2015 but it was right before the con so the ECCC owners set up 2015, this is Reed's 1st year running it on their own.

This was the last year of Emerald City's former floor plan as I was told by Reed.

The floor plan didn't bother me. I was quickly and easily able to find all the booths to disappoint me.

The floor plan didn't bother me. I was quickly and easily able to find all the booths to disappoint me.

it bothers me. i never liked the fact that there are 2 separate artist areas

:)

That's interesting to hear, my ReedPop rep mentioned to me that the show floor would stay the same. I personally like it, the flow was very good this year and the idea of having artists in two exhibition halls is a good thing, because it one of the reasons to keep people flowing from hall to hall rather than having all in one area and then all the exhibitors in another. That could cause problems if too many fans are in the exhibition hall at one time, the current set-up flows very well and hopefully they keep it.

Booths like the Funko Pops should be in their own area. It created a great deal of traffic in front of some other booths. At one point they were directing people to walk all the way around to get to their own booths. Not good for the flow of traffic.

Booths like the Funko Pops should be in their own area. It created a great deal of traffic in front of some other booths. At one point they were directing people to walk all the way around to get to their own booths. Not good for the flow of traffic.

Just took their after show survey and hammered them, hope everyone does the survey, maybe they will get the point.

Just took their after show survey and hammered them, hope everyone does the survey, maybe they will get the point.

The Reed survey or the Funko survey? (shrug)

Having travel with Al through the border in the past, I can understand why they think he is sketchy.

Here is a typical response when the guards ask where we are going. Instead of a simple answer of comic book convention, he says something vague like pop culture extravaganza where the guard has to ask numerous follow up questions.

I asked Al why he gave this stupid answer and it was that he didn't want the guard to think that we were geeks.

Like it matters to them

One look should do the trick lol

The Reed survey or the Funko survey? (shrug)

The Reed Survey