• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Listen up, newbs!

165 posts in this topic

A person who joined yesterday, is just as important as a person who joined in 02 and 50,000 posts.

This just isn't correct. Sorry. :sorry:

There are people that have devoted hours and days of their lives to this community. Whether it's charity threads or giving back threads or sharing information/knowledge. Whatever it is. They've been here for years.

Someone that just happened upon this place from eBay trying to find a place to squeeze every last bit of profit from their latest Marvel Variant cover isn't "as important". That's such a BS statement.

In that example you use Harvey, I would agree that their "post"/"thread" isnt of equal value or importance, but them "as a person using the forum", I definitely disagree.

People's contributions obviously arent equal if they have just joined, but they have equal rights to use the forum as everyone else regardless of join date, and ALL people are of equal worth, period.

Also for the record, the people doing what you described, are not those I was attacking in my post either. I am talking about the kind of people who try to talk down to others, tell them what and where they can post, make inside joke threads for their own personal amusement, show up in every thread arguing for the sake of arguing, trolling people with rhetoric, etc, etc.

A person who joined yesterday, is just as important as a person who joined in 02 and 50,000 posts.

This just isn't correct. Sorry. :sorry:

There are people that have devoted hours and days of their lives to this community. Whether it's charity threads or giving back threads or sharing information/knowledge. Whatever it is. They've been here for years.

Someone that just happened upon this place from eBay trying to find a place to squeeze every last bit of profit from their latest Marvel Variant cover isn't "as important". That's such a BS statement.

In that example you use Harvey, I would agree that their "post"/"thread" isnt of equal value or importance, but them "as a person using the forum", I definitely disagree.

People's contributions obviously arent equal if they have just joined, but they have equal rights to use the forum as everyone else regardless of join date, and ALL people are of equal worth, period.

Also for the record, the people doing what you described, are not those I was attacking in my post either. I am talking about the kind of people who try to talk down to others, tell them what and where they can post, make inside joke threads for their own personal amusement, show up in every thread arguing for the sake of arguing, trolling people with rhetoric, etc, etc.

Those people's real lives are generally so miserable that they have no other choice than to make others feel insignificant on the internet, where there are no lasting consequences. It's really the lowest form of sociopathic behavior there is.

Edit: Also, lurker signing in.

Those people's real lives are generally so miserable that they have no other choice than to make others feel insignificant on the internet, where there are no lasting consequences. It's really the lowest form of sociopathic behavior there is.

Edit: Also, lurker signing in.

:golfclap::applause: