• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Turn-around times...

34 posts in this topic

I sent in two early action comics and one other with a coupon for Express grading over 2 weeks ago. I sent them an email, and they say at least 20 days with coupons, however they are busy, and if I am lucky I will get them back in another month or so. Why doesn't the coupon say Standard or Economy? frustrated.gif

Why doesn't the coupon say Standard or Economy? frustrated.gif

Because Express allows you to submit a book with a value up to $4000, whereas Standard has a limit of $1000 and Econonomy has a limit of $250.

So you can submit a $2000 book with an Express coupon, even though the turnaround time will be less than the normal Express turnaround.

CGC's site lists all service levels as currently "on time". Economy is only 25 business days, but I haven't received the books back that I submitted four months ago. frustrated.gif

Those appear to be the magazine turn-time you're referring to, Economy comics are still just this side of half-a-year as they have been for at least a year? frustrated.gif

CGC's site lists all service levels as currently "on time". Economy is only 25 business days, but I haven't received the books back that I submitted four months ago. frustrated.gif

Those appear to be the magazine turn-time you're referring to, Economy comics are still just this side of half-a-year as they have been for at least a year? frustrated.gif

Banner's right nearmint - i was going to comment on their latest update but didn't get around to it. only express and walk-thru are "on-time" for regular sized comics..............

BUT, this most recent update suggests that the economy service has improved by about 2 weeks from 4 months to 3.5 months. hopefully that's not an error and further progress gets made in the next couple of months. i've got books in there since early december, mid january and am getting ready to submit more.......and will probably bring a bunch of standard/express/walk-thru for drop-off at wondercon.

You're right, guys. Thanks. Looks like they're shipping books received on 10/12, which is cool, because they probably received mine around 10/13. I'll post them in the Nedor forum when I get them back. Nothing high grade, but some fun covers.

To anwser your question nearmint about the cover of Action comics #27 Superman is fighting off a lion, which is in midair, with it's head about 6 inches from Superman's face. A nice cover.

To anwser your question nearmint about the cover of Action comics #27 Superman is fighting off a lion, which is in midair, with it's head about 6 inches from Superman's face. A nice cover.

Right, but doesn't the woman on that cover look a lot like Lois Lane? I've often wondered if that book is actually Lois' first cover.

I don't beleive there is a woman on the cover. I only owned the comic for a day, before it was sent to CGC, but it was purchased on ebay, and the is item #6500615664 and it still can be viewed. I will definately post a picture when I get it back.

There is a woman on the cover of #27, and it is Lois Lane.

No doubt in my mind. sumo.gif

Overstreet is definately incorrect in listing #29 as her first cover. 893naughty-thumb.gif

This poll is open to everyone except employees of Gemstone and CGC. sumo.gif

i voted lois based on looks alone. does anyone have these issues or are there archives of these. perhaps the covers do correlate to the interior stories - that would answer the question............