• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGX in hot water?

107 posts in this topic

41e808I.png

Um, no talking about other grading companies, please. :preach:

joJ55ar.png

I believe that only refers to direct competition. PGX is a joke and shouldn't be considered competition.

I bought two PGX books and had CGC re-grade and slab them and they came back with a higher grade than PGX gave them.

41e808I.png

joJ55ar.png

I believe that only refers to direct competition. PGX is a joke and shouldn't be considered competition.

I bought two PGX books and had CGC re-grade and slab them and they came back with a higher grade than PGX gave them.

Same here... sh don't try to convert the masses.

"CGC provides its message boards as a service to the comic book collecting community. Although we value an open forum where users can discuss issues that affect the hobby, we will not allow our message boards to be used to promote our competitors. Several recent posts have done this and have been pulled. Going forward, we will pull any posts that violate this policy and may also choose to suspend or ban the poster."

To be fair to posters, perhaps the word, promotion, needs to be more carefully defined.

No one ever says anything nice about PGX, we all know it is a guy who grades and slabs in his garage. I don't think there is any kind of promotion there, which is why we have openly talked about them.

Now Voldemort is something we do not speak of. They actually have quality graders and could be direct competition to CGC.

But PGX sucks!

41e808I.png

joJ55ar.png

Is this where we pretend PGX isn't a complete scam just because you managed to pick up a couple of books they had undergraded? :popcorn:

My last PGX purchase was a 9.9 modern that had a 1" tear on the back cover :thumbsup:

41e808I.png

joJ55ar.png

Is this where we pretend PGX isn't a complete scam just because you managed to pick up a couple of books they had undergraded? :popcorn:

My last PGX purchase was a 9.9 modern that had a 1" tear on the back cover :thumbsup:

Really? That is totally unacceptable, it is like they don't even try and disguise the scam.

The other question to ask, is if the book graded much higher than the assigned PGX grade (like a 9.0 - 2 steps higher rather than 2 steps lower) would he still be suing?

Did they send it to CGC in the slab? Does CGC allow that?

I did….you can send it in the PGX slab (which is actually a really good quality slab…their only positive!) and attach a note asking them to crack it from the PGX slab.

Now with CBCS PGX will be out of the business very soon anyway

The people who submit to PGX do so despite the scams, the shadiness and all the other luggage that PGX has accumulated over the years - they've continued to do so even with CGC being the market leader and trumping PGX in every way possible.

I'd venture a guess and say that the fact there's a new grading company on the block won't mean anything to those people - especially when said grading company is basically a clone of CGC.

41e808I.png

joJ55ar.png

You too should sue PGX, because they got it wrong. :insane: