• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGX in hot water?

107 posts in this topic

Public Opinion for PGX is pretty clear.

They allowed someone to overgrade books so he could sell them on ebay, resulting in a lot of restored (trimmed) books getting done and a lot of hilarious overgrade bumps.

This is all internet public opinion.

Now someone has to prove that in a court room, which is something I would pay to watch.

just for fun.... do a search on ebay for the following:

Incredible Hulk #6 Vol 1 PGX 9.0 (Like CGC)

and then..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Incredible-Hulk-6-CGC-VF-7-5-Off-White-Marvel-Comics-/381196317623?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58c11233b7&nma=true&si=sc%252F5iSkXLfiC2poMB0W7Q%252FnE8ew%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

note the dot/stains on the upper left and lower right back cover...same book.

wonder if this could be used??

hmmmm......

just for fun.... do a search on ebay for the following:

Incredible Hulk #6 Vol 1 PGX 9.0 (Like CGC)

and then..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Incredible-Hulk-6-CGC-VF-7-5-Off-White-Marvel-Comics-/381196317623?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58c11233b7&nma=true&si=sc%252F5iSkXLfiC2poMB0W7Q%252FnE8ew%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

note the dot/stains on the upper left and lower right back cover...same book.

wonder if this could be used??

hmmmm......

Nope.

Grade bump is from trimming.

No one ever says anything nice about PGX, we all know it is a guy who grades and slabs in his garage. I don't think there is any kind of promotion there, which is why we have openly talked about them.

Now Voldemort is something we do not speak of. They actually have quality graders and could be direct competition to CGC.

But PGX sucks!

What would the community grade this book? Personally, I'd call it a 9.4...

hm

5f1e1705-f4b4-4a01-93a3-7be5a7d96111_zpszuhjseok.jpg

006D4298-BD9E-48F0-84C5-03579B35BEBF_zpslx895xy3.jpg

In a way CGC would have to be concerned about this as well. If the individual wins any expert could challenge CGC and lawsuits would be more common than an X-Force 1.

If the lawsuit is based on the individual grading it and selling, rather than a difference of opinion between grading companies, then that might be interesting!

He should just have PGX re-grade it as an 8.0 and split the proceeds! :jokealert:

Yea this lawsuit isn't worth the filing fee it cost to file.

This. Plaintiffs just making PGX defend it, thats that point.

So all CGC has to do is "find" a few more people to do the same and then PGX disappears?

There was a PI who investigated this for the plaintiff. It appears the book was sold through an eBay account belonging to a PGX employee. I think there's more to this than just a pissed off buyer.

To quote a bunch of guys from 100 years ago, that is a horse of a different color.

But nonetheless, presenting as evidence what CGC graded the book invites comparisons to CGC books that received different grades at different times. And wouldn't be a good thing for either company.

Yea this lawsuit isn't worth the filing fee it cost to file.

This. Plaintiffs just making PGX defend it, thats that point.

So all CGC has to do is "find" a few more people to do the same and then PGX disappears?

I imagine some lawyers on the board can enlighten about "abuse of process"

In a way CGC would have to be concerned about this as well. If the individual wins any expert could challenge CGC and lawsuits would be more common than an X-Force 1.

:

"More common than an unrestored 9.9 X-Force 1?"

Have you ever read the PGX disclaimer? They don't guarantee the grade, acceptance, or even resto detection. They basically guarantee nothing other than a slab with a number.

And how is that different from CGC?

That guy is a whiner but he took his risk to have it regraded. The book came out of the PGX case became unguaranteed.

I am very sure that his lawsuit will be thrown out. He may flatly lose out in the court.

I will never buy PGX copies in the first place.

That guy is a whiner but he took his risk to have it regraded. The book came out of the PGX case became unguaranteed.

I am very sure that his lawsuit will be thrown out. He may flatly lose out in the court.

I will never buy PGX copies in the first place.

It's probably safe to say the book in the case was un-guaranteed!