• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A new eBay experience

57 posts in this topic

So this has never happened to me before, but I asked a seller for some additional pictures before I made my decision on an item (wanted to see the CBCs on a slabbed book to see how well it presents) and was told "sorry, but you'll have to make your decision based on the photos available". I wasn't terribly put-off or anything & the seller was polite, but I just replied that I would have to pass.

Is that a common practice that I have just never come across before? Or was this just a random thing? Have you ever told someone "no" to extra pictures?

That's just stupid selling

Post a link and lets all barrage him with requests for more pics

Eh, I don't mean to start a witch-hunt on the guy, but the only thought I had was "this book has been on my watch list for like 2 months now & it hasn't sold. There's either something wrong with it that I can't see from the pictures or this guy just doesn't really care that much about selling it"

So this has never happened to me before, but I asked a seller for some additional pictures before I made my decision on an item (wanted to see the CBCs on a slabbed book to see how well it presents) and was told "sorry, but you'll have to make your decision based on the photos available". I wasn't terribly put-off or anything & the seller was polite, but I just replied that I would have to pass.

Is that a common practice that I have just never come across before? Or was this just a random thing? Have you ever told someone "no" to extra pictures?

Yes.

Extra pictures is a major, major hassle if you're selling more a few items.

I have never told anyone that directly, but I have said "I don't know if I'll be able to get more/better pictures, but I'll see what I can do." Sometimes, I can, sometimes I can't.

And people who ask for interior photos...? Pass.

Yes.

I have never told anyone that directly, but I have said "I don't know if I'll be able to get more/better pictures, but I'll see what I can do." Sometimes, I can, sometimes I can't.

What are you hiding? :whistle:

Yes.

+1

And chances are, they wont even buy it :(

want any more photos other than a front and back scan? Dont buy it online.

Yes.

You mean you won't crack a book out of a slab to give someone interior pics?

Who doesn't enjoy laying a fragile book flat on a scanner and detaching the spine???

Yes.

+1

Well, had it been a scan, I probably wouldn't have been asking, but it was just a photo. I couldn't tell if there was glare or if the marks/scuffs/fades were on the cover & I couldn't tell if one of the staples was missing or just really deeply imbedded.

Yes.

+1

I've been asked for interior pics several times on ebay. I always comply, add them to the listing, and the person that asked for the pics has NEVER bought the book.

I don't think it's anything they did wrong either. As I said, they were polite & everything, but it was just a new experience. I had never had anyone say "nope, sorry" to a fairly innocuous request for more information. But as others said, sometimes it's just not worth the hassle to a seller, I guess. It wasn't a really expensive book (only about $100) but I was still surprised.

I don't think it's anything they did wrong either. As I said, they were polite & everything, but it was just a new experience. I had never had anyone say "nope, sorry" to a fairly innocuous request for more information. But as others said, sometimes it's just not worth the hassle to a seller, I guess. It wasn't a really expensive book (only about $100) but I was still surprised.

I can see passing on providing more pics for cheap books, as the extra time spent isn't cost-effective, but for something that's worth $100 I don't see why not.

yeah I bought a bunch of marvel tales and some kid had outlined people in numerous panels with felt pen in every single book. They were only readers so I didn't return em. But the seller never mentioned it.

Yes.

+1

+2, +3, +4. People who ask for more photos aren't going to buy.

Sadly yes the people that ask for extra info pretty much never buy

What you can do is set up another auction for more photos and when they pay for that then you can send the extra pix

I look at it as the arrogance of the seller . He doesnt want to sell his item that badly . Some sellers will go to great lengths to sell an item.

I would send someone whatever they wanted, with in reason, if it helped me sell a $2 comic .

Asking for a few more pictures shouldnt be that big of a deal .

I look at it as the arrogance of the seller . He doesnt want to sell his item that badly . Some sellers will go to great lengths to sell an item.

I would send someone whatever they wanted, with in reason, if it helped me sell a $2 comic .

Asking for a few more pictures shouldnt be that big of a deal .

When you list a ton of items every day, it is.