• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JUST LOOK AT WHAT YOU CAN FIND OUT THERE:

42 posts in this topic

Sorry Pov, I got the same impression. crazy.gif

Does that make me a bad person?

No. It makes you a Peter Cushing EVE-ill person. Pure EVE-ill. I honestly did not get that impression at all. Maybe it is because I have had many conversations with Borock and am familiar with his speak. But honestly? I just do not see it.

Oh yeah - I think by this time I have shown I am not a CGC sycophant!

How else is CGC helping sellers, beyond making them more money, grampa?

That is not the point, whippersnapper. The point is anticipating what Borock was gonna say.

What? You expect CGC to operate at a freaking loss? I KNOW you are not that naive!

No. It makes you a Peter Cushing EVE-ill person. Pure EVE-ill. I honestly did not get that impression at all. Maybe it is because I have had many conversations with Borock and am familiar with his speak. But honestly? I just do not see it.

sign-offtopic.gif but where's the friggin' list...jerkette? confused-smiley-013.gif

sign-offtopic.gif but where's the friggin' list...jerkette? confused-smiley-013.gif

Were you hatched?

Were you hatched?

Well? confused-smiley-013.gif BTW...made more $$ on the books that you've sold me in the past! cloud9.gif

They've removed the direct link from the main page, but I was able to copy the direct link. So if you haven't seen the clip go to the link below. It's in Windows Media Format. If anyone can figure out how to save it, I'd love for you to PMme and I'll give you my email address.Thanks.

CGC Film Clip

I did not care for the way the grader was turning the pages of the modern book (at around 40 sec into the clip). Pressing down and across on the right top 1/4 of the page. Later on the SA (?) book is flipped through more gently. Some degree of rough handling times 3 graders and who knows who else, superimpose the pressure of getting through a huge backlog of books = some books will get (minorly) damaged and that damage will not always be acknowledged by CGC (other than in the lower grade). And there's little we can do about it, other than press the company to explain their qulaity control efforts to minimize this.

Who are you calling evil?

frankenstein_created_woman.jpg

He seemed to want to say "and make money at the same time"??? Where did you get THAT from?

Facial expression, body language, the pregnant pause/eye fluttering, and just the tone of the lead-in from the previous comments. We expect CGC is in the business of making money, but apparently Borock thought better of making that statement and simply regurgitated his previous one.

There is nothing wrong with making money. I just wish Steve had followed through instead of pussyfooting around it.

He seemed to want to say "and make money at the same time"??? Where did you get THAT from?

Facial expression, body language, the pregnant pause/eye fluttering, and just the tone of the lead-in from the previous comments. We expect CGC is in the business of making money, but apparently Borock thought better of making that statement and simply regurgitated his previous one.

There is nothing wrong with making money. I just wish Steve had followed through instead of pussyfooting around it.

Sorry - just not buying it. And as far as "apparently Borock thought better of making that statement and simply regurgitated his previous one"? It is a heavily edited clip. Who knows what order he said what? What we see in the final cut is not necessarily (or even probably) the order in which things occurred.

Sorry - just not buying it. And as far as "apparently Borock thought better of making that statement and simply regurgitated his previous one"? It is a heavily edited clip. Who knows what order he said what? What we see in the final cut is not necessarily (or even probably) the order in which things occurred.

27_laughing.gif

I did not care for the way the grader was turning the pages of the modern book (at around 40 sec into the clip). Pressing down and across on the right top 1/4 of the page. Later on the SA (?) book is flipped through more gently. Some degree of rough handling times 3 graders and who knows who else, superimpose the pressure of getting through a huge backlog of books = some books will get (minorly) damaged and that damage will not always be acknowledged by CGC (other than in the lower grade). And there's little we can do about it, other than press the company to explain their qulaity control efforts to minimize this.

It was the speed of the clip. He wasn't damaging the book at all. We handle the books with care. I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to defend the dude turning the pages. No, he isn't me. You can tell because he doesn't have hairy arms. I did however witness him turning the pages as the camera rolled.

We take good care of books. And when we do accidentally damage a book we call the customer immediately. We are filmed by video surveillance when we are grading. If one of us is caught damaging a book and not reporting it. We will be fired.

We have insurance for if we damage any books and we are very open about it if we do damage something. It hardly ever happens though.

893crossfingers-thumb.gifI hope they don't do that to the modern books I sent in a month ago!!! 893whatthe.gif

We wont.

I promise.

flowerred.gif

You hve fallen into the classic blunder. How can you promise not to do that to FR's book unless you KNOW which book is FR's?! It has long been rumored in dark places that FR and CGC are in bed together! Now we have indisputable PROOF! cool.gif

893crossfingers-thumb.gifI hope they don't do that to the modern books I sent in a month ago!!! 893whatthe.gif

We wont.

I promise.

flowerred.gif

You hve fallen into the classic blunder. How can you promise not to do that to FR's book unless you KNOW which book is FR's?! It has long been rumored in dark places that FR and CGC are in bed together! Now we have indisputable PROOF! cool.gif

I didn't even know CGC had a bed. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

We wont.

I promise.

flowerred.gif

I didn't even know CGC had a bed. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I thought that was why Borock's clothes are always so rumpled!