• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rest in peace, Herb Trimpe

137 posts in this topic

I've met a lot of creators in the comic world, but I considered Herb a friend of the family. He sent a get well card when I broke my ankle and he also sent a piece as a wedding present.

My wife and I saw him on Saturday and we made some plans to take in a ball game when they were in the area this summer. I can't believe that he was gone only 2 days later.

This news has made me sad today. You will be missed, Herb.

Met the gentleman at an Albuquerque Con for a signing; every fan was greeted with hearty smile leading to great conversation.

Time to read some old Hulks, thank him for all of his great work and send good thoughts to his family and loved ones.

R.I.P. Herb, you were a game changer.

Herb Trimpe was a creator who's work heavily influenced many of the comics that I have read and loved. Once I actually began to keep track, I found it hard to believe that his name would appear and reappear in so many different places. I found it inconceivable as he is one of only a few artists that I was automatically drawn to as a comic book fan time and time again.

Indeed Herb Trimpe is the first artist who's name I instantly recognized as I became a collector. I hope it is alright to say this but his was a household name. No one can deny that a man who is a hero to many, many people is gone and will be dearly missed.

Thank you Herb Trimpe, may you rest forever in peace.

In the many tributes to Herb Trimpe today, I was reminded that he served as a chaplain at the World Trade Center site after 9/11. We spoke briefly years ago and he had mentioned possibly writing a book about it. My searches are coming up empty, does anyone know if he completed it? I was under the impression that it would be a prose book rather than a comic, but don't know for certain.

Trimpe and Hama are GI Joe to me... they brought all my toys to life as a child :sorry: He was still doing 'Joe covers for the IDW series - it was awesome that IDW got Trimpe and Hama back together for the relaunch (well the cover at least). He's done several of the covers for the IDW GI Joe: ARAH series.

Could not have said it better.

I has been a great honor to have met Herb for the 1st time in '13. We chit chatted (bugging) with him the whole con and telling how much love to suck up to legends like him. We met him again at Amazing Houston Comic Con last August and he actually remembered us. My fiance was up on the upper floor waiting for me and saw Herb and Patricia getting coffee. They asked my fiance where I was when they turned around and saw her. It was a moment of little-girl-at-a-justin-beiber-concert for me. I was in shock when I saw a link popping up on my Facebook and I got dizzied from the news. RIP Herb.

17153005625_725b5b7d57_b.jpg

I am pretty damn proud of this pic.

Comic guys for the most part are inherently REALLY nice, genuine dudes. It's worth noting that Herb was one of the best. Prayers to his wife and family. We lost an all-timer today. Herb was so severely underrated for his pencilling. Holy heck.

I'm sure St. Peter's first in line waiting for a sketch.

In the many tributes to Herb Trimpe today, I was reminded that he served as a chaplain at the World Trade Center site after 9/11. We spoke briefly years ago and he had mentioned possibly writing a book about it. My searches are coming up empty, does anyone know if he completed it? I was under the impression that it would be a prose book rather than a comic, but don't know for certain.

Here it is

I've ordered a copy earlier today. Can't wait to read this.

Herb is a legend, a friend, family man, but above all he was, in my opinion, a very proud American!