• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rest in peace, Herb Trimpe

137 posts in this topic

He missed his 76th birthday by few weeks.

He was pretty young and was gone too soon. My parents are 74 years old and seemed fine to me. Everybody said he was fine. It was same thing to me after I met with Joe Kubert and took his handshake. His hand was SO firm and strong. I thought he would live longer but he was passed away few month later.

Always unexpected news. Herb RIP.

Damn! Terrible news.

In addition to drawing countless favorites of mine, he played a part in one of my favorite convention moments ever.

RIP Herb. You can sign my box anytime. :foryou::angel:

One of the all time great thrills of my life was meeting Herb for a dinner after the Denver Comic-Con. We talked for hours about the early days for him at Marvel, the creative process re: Wolverine, his experiences with other artists, and then having him sketch in my kids sketchbooks, I am truly very saddened by this news and other than Harvey Pekar, no one in the comic book world has meant more to me.

Damn! Terrible news.

In addition to drawing countless favorites of mine, he played a part in one of my favorite convention moments ever.

RIP Herb. You can sign my box anytime. :foryou::angel:

I can verify this as I was next to Chris in line that year. I believe it was 2007.

Like others here, I found the news quite shocking ; being primarily a Marvel reader as a kid during the 70s and Trimpe himself a memorable artist from this period.

His death is extremely saddening. :(

Sad news.

He was a legend that I grew up with as a kid, reading the Hulk.

It was a true honor to have finally met him three months ago at Amazing Arizona and got his signature on one of my few remaining yet beloved comics from when I was a kid - Hulk 182. Also got a 3xSS including Trimpe on a Wolverine book there too.

RIP Mr. Trimpe. You helped create one of the most iconic and legendary characters in all of comic history. We greatly appreciate your work, and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

:(