• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rest in peace, Herb Trimpe

137 posts in this topic

Herb was truly a great guy, and his family was fantastic as well. I had a great supper with them here in Montreal after the con back in 08, and my son got to meet him the next day as well. I'll be proud to tell him he met Wolverine's co-creator.

Whenever I can, I get sketches of Captain Marvel done. Here's a sketch Herb did for me, and I totally love it:

956B2D41-7397-4295-9C52-8224B944F63C_zpsshxcjfq6.jpg

Wow, very shocking and very sad. What a great guy. Those pictures being posted are just the way he was. I met him several times and we always joked a bit. He and his wife were always very gracious to his fans.

GA guys are mostly gone as are SA guys. Now BA guys are leaving us as well. Make a point to seek out these people and say thanks while you can. Life is very short and fragile guys.

So true. I'm so glad I got to meet many of my heroes, including Herb Trimpe. I have a French Hulk comic he signed for me a couple of years ago. He was very nice and gracious.

I've never met anyone who had a bad word to say about Herb, once they had a chance to meet him. Yes, he was a great artist, but he was also just a swell guy.

My wife teaches middle school art, and when Herb was working towards his teaching certificate someone put the two of them together. Herb spent two days in my wife's classroom wowing the kids. I met him a few times at shows, and he was always such a pleasure to talk to. The last time I was able to give him some of the pictures my wife took of him and her students, and I could tell it meant so much to him to be able to pass something on.

This is how you live forever.

Bazborg