• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rest in peace, Herb Trimpe

137 posts in this topic

This is very sad news. Luckily I have been able to work with Herb for years and he always seem to enjoy and get the most out of life.

Through one of our many conversations he stressed to me the importance of family. My wife being pregnant at the time he suggested I slow down a little and spent more time with them. Long, long story short we talked all night and after that heart to heart he became the inspiration for my daughters name. I named her after one of his grandchildren, one he especially seemed proud of and talked about her constantly.

Herb you will be truly missed :cry:

Rest in a Peace Herb. Reading other's posts, he definitely touched a lot of hearts as he did mine. He was such a great guy, with a bright light around him. His wife has a beautiful heart as well. He was the first artist I spoke to on a personal level, and just so down to earth. God bless you man. We 're thinking of you. Here 'a a recent pic of Herb and me. I'm sharing this pic because he made me feel like Wolverine. We'll miss you!!!

F2C07EE2-5F63-42FF-8F80-31B6BB3AA16D_zpsweacpkkd.jpg

What a shame. I was able to meet him several times at shows and he was always very friendly, warm and gracious. RIP, Herb.

Here’s a sketch he did in 2010, and a shot of the Trimpes from 2012.

Trimpesketch.jpg

BCC_12_Trimpes.jpg

I am waiting for a book from CGC I had signed by him in Arizona. I had to have the book handled by Branget, because I couldn't be there. It sucks that I didn't actually get to meet him. As nice as it is to have him sign one of my books, it's nothing compared to actually meeting the man and shaking his hand. but it must have been so cool to have created one of comics most popular heroes! he left quite the legacy.

RIP Mr. Trimpe.

Haven't been on the boards for a while and saw this. So sad, such a nice dude in person. Had the honor of him signing some of my books. Dream was to get him on Hulk 181. Industry lost a great guy and a legend. Thoughts and prayers to his family.