• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rest in peace, Herb Trimpe

137 posts in this topic

I just heard that news and I'm sad to hear that he passed away.

My experiences with Herb were amazing. He always spent time talking with you while you waited for an autograph or sketch. He was so modest and extremely talented. I will always enjoy the times we chatted.

R.I.P.

Here is a pretty decent comic book drawn by him.

Was a good way to start off the series.

GI_Joe_A_Real_American_Hero_1_cover.jpg

Trimpe and Hama are GI Joe to me... they brought all my toys to life as a child :sorry: He was still doing 'Joe covers for the IDW series - it was awesome that IDW got Trimpe and Hama back together for the relaunch (well the cover at least). He's done several of the covers for the IDW GI Joe: ARAH series.

741360_zpsu4ivnttl.jpg

Honored to have this...

EPSON016-3.jpg

Wow, very shocking and very sad. What a great guy. Those pictures being posted are just the way he was. I met him several times and we always joked a bit. He and his wife were always very gracious to his fans.

GA guys are mostly gone as are SA guys. Now BA guys are leaving us as well. Make a point to seek out these people and say thanks while you can. Life is very short and fragile guys.

Wow, very shocking and very sad. What a great guy. Those pictures being posted are just the way he was. I met him several times and we always joked a bit. He and his wife were always very gracious to his fans.

GA guys are mostly gone as are SA guys. Now BA guys are leaving us as well. Make a point to seek out these people and say thanks while you can. Life is very short and fragile guys.

Indeed. I dont know how to begin to explain what an impact this had on me, seeing him only 2 days ago smiling laughing and doing what he does best - drawing. So surreal

Very sad news. :( I met him and his wife for the first time this Feb. when I got my Thing sketch. He was very nice and fit my sketch in as he was happy to draw something different. lol I feel very lucky to have met him at least once. He will be missed but never forgotten.