• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So you want to set up at a comic book convention....
2 2

298 posts in this topic

because I am generally depleted of energy at this point, I don't bring in the good books till the next morning....

so we cover up (its about 4pm now, 28 hours into the journey) and head to get some chow...

IMG_1149_zps7hycbbmt.jpg

mr bob stays with the inv while I go park the van (and pay the parking fees)...

so far we have spent about $500 on hotels, gas and food...not to mention the $1600+ booth costs....just to keep a tally...

IMG_1151_zpswoanead7.jpg

Hello all...

Have had this conversation with several folks over the years...."what all is involved" in traveling to and setting up at a con...

the avg con goer doesn't see the "behind" the scenes work involved...

so, we are going to provide a small pictorial of what we do...

sit back, grab some popcorn, and relax! (and it is anything other than relaxing prepping for a show!)

Thank you.

Great thread!

(thumbs u

start laying out the books before the con opens.... I generally am never happy with my first layout, and often change up day 2...but this can take 1-2 hours just to set up...

IMG_1154_zpsjeltxxmd.jpg

and then the doors open...if you are lucky you get 1 restroom break in an 8-10 hour day on your feet....

talking with customers, trying to maintain integrity of booth (no theft, etc)... its fun, but it is hard work!...

IMG_1159_zpsqkq4bhgn.jpg

so you close up after con is over, put all the higher dollar books away, load your weary body up, and head to the hotel or wherever you are staying for the night.... only to get up early the next morning and do it all again!

IMG_1160_zpscdktxtjk.jpg