• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harrison Ford CGC Signature Series STAR WARS BOOKS!!! Finally

75 posts in this topic

Arnold was $100 6 years ago at the Olympia. Had him sign his Bodybuilders encyclopedia then. Sure he's more now but sure CA will make it even more so to top it off. From what I hear attend the Arnold Classic and he will sign one item.

The prices people are willing to pay for signatures really boggles my mind.

:D

It's hard to not image that some of these extreme prices may reflect in how a fan views the celebrity. I realize they can ask whatever they want but they have to know there are people who have been their fans since they were single digit aged hoping to get a simple souvenir in these types of situations. I can't imagine Ford, or Stallone, or any of the other $500 plus asking prices for sigs folks are actually hurting for the cash (given their per movie paychecks). For every one person willing to pay there must be a dozen whose perception of the celeb is hurt in the process.

Of course, for the uber rich celeb, an announcement that the proceeds went to Make a Wish or St. Judes would actually spike their Q score.

The prices people are willing to pay for signatures really boggles my mind.

:D

With the hype from the movies this year and the fact the Ford hates signing comics and is aging...I'm not surprised they're asking for such high prices outright. At worst they can slowly lower the prices til they get bought. Its not like they're in a hurry to sell before someone else floods the market or the Star Wars craze dies down. Its a doggy dog world out there folks...

on another note.

another major issue is the stickering that CA does. checked with CGC and it cannot be cracked for adding future signatures. so, with not being able to add additional sigs this is a major bummer.

on another note.

another major issue is the stickering that CA does. checked with CGC and it cannot be cracked for adding future signatures. so, with not being able to add additional sigs this is a major bummer.

Is this something new? Or has it always been liken this?

on another note.

I have not heard this before? The sticker it self has always been on the outside of the case, I do know in the past they have placed the sticker directly on posters and prints.

I guess it could be due to the label being printed with the CA notation and an extra sig could be seen as being done by CA when it was not? With how much these cost even on the secondary market it would loose value if you were not able to add additional signatures on some items.

I think "so far" the most I've paid was for Richard Dean Anderson. I don't think Han Solo is 8 times better than MacGyver though.

Challenge accepted! :baiting:

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-05%20at%2010.03.04%20AM_zpsbg6tih5q.png

:roflmao:hm So Han shoots first but MacGyver uses some chewing gum to block the barrel of the blaster and it explodes. Matched in hand to hand combat Han is a bit of a dirty fighter and has the upper hand through a few tricks he learned from his smuggling days. Han looks around for something to tie up MacGyver, finds a roll of duct tape and leaves him in a bathroom at a way station. MacGyver just smiles....

on another note.

I have not heard this before? The sticker it self has always been on the outside of the case, I do know in the past they have placed the sticker directly on posters and prints.

I guess it could be due to the label being printed with the CA notation and an extra sig could be seen as being done by CA when it was not? With how much these cost even on the secondary market it would loose value if you were not able to add additional signatures on some items.

It may lose the CA note but I don't see why it still wouldn't be SS. I've cracked CA books before and never lost the SS designation.

on another note.

I don't think that's accurate Brett,

This was a CA Sigourney Weaver at first

Aliens1CACast002_zps93610f06.jpg

on another note.

And its brother

This is just absurdly cool:

Image%202014-04-29%20at%2012.50.28%20PM.png

Huge thanks to Jeff for going above & beyond in getting this done (worship)

on another note.

And its brother

Yes!

And thanks to you I was able to add names a second time to that book!

on another note.

And its brother

Yes!

And thanks to you I was able to add names a second time to that book!

My pleasure, just a slight boo-boo. :fear: