• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How would you react?

82 posts in this topic

Wait! Officer! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! He got a comic from San Diego for me. Spider-Gwen!!! Its like Spider-man, but its ....wait, doesn't matter!! I didn't ask for the Spider-Gweeeennnn!!.....yes I understand these rights as you've read them me.

Ok I just have to vent about this. Let me preface that this is so mind-bogglingly rude and just a D**k move that I'm almost speechless.

Here goes, I have a friend, nay, aquaintaince, who is friends with someone very close to me. I've talked with this aquaintence, we get alkong fine, even had a drink with the person. So aquaintance goes to a Comic-Con with the person who is very close to me. Never talked about Comic Con to me, nothing. at all.

'So imagine my shock when my friend tells me that this aquaintance picked up a Spider Gwen variant for me.....and tells me that it'll be $80.

This sent me over the top, Never talked to this person_too_unaware_of_social_graces about that Comic Con, never even hinted that I want something, but he has the nerve to "get" me an issue, and expects to be reimbursed. If this jerk wasn't friends with the person I'm close with, I consider beating the issue to all hell and sending it back to him. Just thinking about this gets my blood boiling.

So, how would you react in this situation?

People get riled up about non-issues.

Just say you didn't want one and and the world is a better place.

I'd say "hey, thanks for thinking of me! That was very nice of you. I don't need that particular issue right now, but I do appreciate that you thought of me. Thanks!"

And then stop getting upset about things over which you have no control.

Let your reason control your emotions, not the other way around.

ksgnw.jpg

:preach:

I want to change my answer.

I'd tell the guy to *spooning* *spoon* himself, with a *spooning* sideways *spoon* and to *spoon* *spoon* his dog's *spooning* *spoon* *spoon* and then *spoon* his *spooning* mother's *spoon* with a *spoon* and *fork*, backwards.

Ok I just have to vent about this. Let me preface that this is so mind-bogglingly rude and just a D**k move that I'm almost speechless.

Here goes, I have a friend, nay, aquaintaince, who is friends with someone very close to me. I've talked with this aquaintence, we get alkong fine, even had a drink with the person. So aquaintance goes to a Comic-Con with the person who is very close to me. Never talked about Comic Con to me, nothing. at all.

'So imagine my shock when my friend tells me that this aquaintance picked up a Spider Gwen variant for me.....and tells me that it'll be $80.

This sent me over the top, Never talked to this person_too_unaware_of_social_graces about that Comic Con, never even hinted that I want something, but he has the nerve to "get" me an issue, and expects to be reimbursed. If this jerk wasn't friends with the person I'm close with, I consider beating the issue to all hell and sending it back to him. Just thinking about this gets my blood boiling.

That's ridiculous. I'm only going to charge you $70. Paypal invoice on it's way, please pay promptly.

That's ridiculous. I'm only going to charge you $70. Paypal invoice on it's way, please pay promptly.

Is that for the EoSV 2 first print?

You're being a drama queen.

I would find it weird, not rude, and I would ask both my friend and this acquaintance why he thought I wanted the book. The anger doesn't make sense to me at all, and suggests that you're a bit thin-skinned.

Am I really the only who finds this upsetting? I totally understand the move on part, but to me this is still extremely rude at minimum.

Well either I have anger issues or you folks are just laid back.

This doesn't seem something to get angry over....

A little irritated perhaps, but not angry.

Just say politely, thanks for thinking of me, but I'm not interested. If that's a problem for him, then he's the one with the problem.

Maybe it's the part about the two of them going without telling you that's really what bothers you? (shrug)

I'd pay him the money and thank him.

BTW - I picked a book up for you too, it will be $100. Paypal is fine.

Awesome I was wondering when you'd get it. I can bring cash if you prefer, just have my AF 15 ready.

Read the drama over in the journals section under the umpire is calling strikes and you will feel much better.

This sounds interesting, but I can't find it

Link?

I couldn't find it, either.

I did notice some broom whiskers laying around, though.