• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How would you react?

82 posts in this topic

Ok I just have to vent about this. Let me preface that this is so mind-bogglingly rude and just a D**k move that I'm almost speechless.

Here goes, I have a friend, nay, aquaintaince, who is friends with someone very close to me. I've talked with this aquaintence, we get alkong fine, even had a drink with the person. So aquaintance goes to a Comic-Con with the person who is very close to me. Never talked about Comic Con to me, nothing. at all.

'So imagine my shock when my friend tells me that this aquaintance picked up a Spider Gwen variant for me.....and tells me that it'll be $80.

This sent me over the top, Never talked to this person_too_unaware_of_social_graces about that Comic Con, never even hinted that I want something, but he has the nerve to "get" me an issue, and expects to be reimbursed. If this jerk wasn't friends with the person I'm close with, I consider beating the issue to all hell and sending it back to him. Just thinking about this gets my blood boiling.

So, how would you react in this situation?

I would say no thanks I'm not interested in that book he bought for $40 but since it's so hot he should have no trouble selling it elsewhere.

Am I really the only who finds this upsetting? I totally understand the move on part, but to me this is still extremely rude at minimum.

Well either I have anger issues or you folks are just laid back.

Ok I just have to vent about this. Let me preface that this is so mind-bogglingly rude and just a D**k move that I'm almost speechless.

Here goes, I have a friend, nay, aquaintaince, who is friends with someone very close to me. I've talked with this aquaintence, we get alkong fine, even had a drink with the person. So aquaintance goes to a Comic-Con with the person who is very close to me. Never talked about Comic Con to me, nothing. at all.

'So imagine my shock when my friend tells me that this aquaintance picked up a Spider Gwen variant for me.....and tells me that it'll be $80.

This sent me over the top, Never talked to this person_too_unaware_of_social_graces about that Comic Con, never even hinted that I want something, but he has the nerve to "get" me an issue, and expects to be reimbursed. If this jerk wasn't friends with the person I'm close with, I consider beating the issue to all hell and sending it back to him. Just thinking about this gets my blood boiling.

So, how would you react in this situation?

ksg2m.jpg

I wouldn't let it anger you. Maybe it's a miscommunication. Maybe he's saying "I picked this up and it's $80, if you want it."

I'd say "hey, thanks for thinking of me! That was very nice of you. I don't need that particular issue right now, but I do appreciate that you thought of me. Thanks!"

And then stop getting upset about things over which you have no control.

Let your reason control your emotions, not the other way around.

I think it doesn't make any sense on the part of the acquaintance.

So I would just decline the comic, and see what the reaction is like. If its not a big deal to them, let it pass. If he wants to argue about something, you can tell him what's what.

I'd say "hey, thanks for thinking of me! That was very nice of you. I don't need that particular issue right now, but I do appreciate that you thought of me. Thanks!"

And then stop getting upset about things over which you have no control.

Let your reason control your emotions, not the other way around.

ksgnw.jpg