• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Global Shipping Service?? WTF is that??

118 posts in this topic

OK, didn't realize ebay has it's own global shipping service. The package goes to them and then they ship it internationally apparantly. Well I got this message today..

We are contacting you regarding eBay Item #: 321724254278 which you recently sold to your buyer, gellert1112. We received your parcel at our shipping center in Erlanger, KY; however, the parcel arrived empty of the item. We are unable to ship the parcel forward because of this.

At this time we encourage you to issue a refund in full to your buyer and to contact your shipping carrier to start the shipping insurance claim process.

If you have any questions please, contact us by phone. To do this simply go to eBay.com and click on the customer support tab at the top right of the screen. Next you will click the contact us button to the right, and need to specify your concern to be routed to the proper department. You will eventually get a pin number and a phone number to call us.

We thank you for all of your eBay business and for taking care of your buyer. Its great sellers like you that make eBay the best place to buy and sell online.

Sincerely,

eBay Customer Service

The package address was KY so why would it go there and then they ship it, makes no sense. I thought the guy lived in Kentucky but turns out he is in Australia.

For the longest time, I was never exposed to the GSP. Now, every one of my auctions has it automatically checked off and I have to UN-check it so as to not be included. I think that's completely wrong, but there you are.

Make sure to uncheck it on every auction from now on.

Slym don't ship international on eBay!

-slym

Hi, I just tried to scam a guy by sending an empty package to Australia. But I didn't know the Global Shipping Program actually opened the package!!! They totally caught me!

Has this happened to anyone else?

#tryingtomakeadollaroutoffifteencents

OK, didn't realize ebay has it's own global shipping service. The package goes to them and then they ship it internationally apparantly. Well I got this message today..

We are contacting you regarding eBay Item #: 321724254278 which you recently sold to your buyer, gellert1112. We received your parcel at our shipping center in Erlanger, KY; however, the parcel arrived empty of the item. We are unable to ship the parcel forward because of this.

At this time we encourage you to issue a refund in full to your buyer and to contact your shipping carrier to start the shipping insurance claim process.

If you have any questions please, contact us by phone. To do this simply go to eBay.com and click on the customer support tab at the top right of the screen. Next you will click the contact us button to the right, and need to specify your concern to be routed to the proper department. You will eventually get a pin number and a phone number to call us.

We thank you for all of your eBay business and for taking care of your buyer. Its great sellers like you that make eBay the best place to buy and sell online.

Sincerely,

eBay Customer Service

The package address was KY so why would it go there and then they ship it, makes no sense. I thought the guy lived in Kentucky but turns out he is in Australia.

You look rather suspect for not answering this basic question.

Did you or did you not send a package with nothing in it?

Hi, I just tried to scam a guy by sending an empty package to Australia. But I didn't know the Global Shipping Program actually opened the package!!! They totally caught me!

Has this happened to anyone else?

#tryingtomakeadollaroutoffifteencents

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

Sincerely,

eBay Customer Service

:screwy:

For the longest time, I was never exposed to the GSP. Now, every one of my auctions has it automatically checked off and I have to UN-check it so as to not be included. I think that's completely wrong, but there you are.

-slym

I was doing the same thing until I noticed you can uncheck it in your seller preferences (haven't tried it yet).

Sincerely,

eBay Customer Service

:screwy:

lol

So the primary driver of your story is the Global Shipping Program sneaking up on you and not that you sent an empty package?

I like this thread very much.

-slym

Why not?

I assure you from a foreign buyer‘s viewpoint, it’s useless at best, and loathsome at worst – I do not buy from sellers using it. :shrug:

Same. I see a listing that uses Global Shipping, I'm out.