• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Global Shipping Service?? WTF is that??

118 posts in this topic

For the longest time, I was never exposed to the GSP. Now, every one of my auctions has it automatically checked off and I have to UN-check it so as to not be included. I think that's completely wrong, but there you are.

Make sure to uncheck it on every auction from now on.

Slym don't ship international on eBay!

-slym

Why not?

Everyone outside of the CONUS is a scam artist. Also, they are trying to protect us from the high costs of signature delivery.

OK, didn't realize ebay has it's own global shipping service. The package goes to them and then they ship it internationally apparantly. Well I got this message today..

We are contacting you regarding eBay Item #: 321724254278 which you recently sold to your buyer, gellert1112. We received your parcel at our shipping center in Erlanger, KY; however, the parcel arrived empty of the item. We are unable to ship the parcel forward because of this.

At this time we encourage you to issue a refund in full to your buyer and to contact your shipping carrier to start the shipping insurance claim process.

If you have any questions please, contact us by phone. To do this simply go to eBay.com and click on the customer support tab at the top right of the screen. Next you will click the contact us button to the right, and need to specify your concern to be routed to the proper department. You will eventually get a pin number and a phone number to call us.

We thank you for all of your eBay business and for taking care of your buyer. Its great sellers like you that make eBay the best place to buy and sell online.

Sincerely,

eBay Customer Service

The package address was KY so why would it go there and then they ship it, makes no sense. I thought the guy lived in Kentucky but turns out he is in Australia.

You look rather suspect for not answering this basic question.

Did you or did you not send a package with nothing in it?

:screwy:

lol

So the primary driver of your story is the Global Shipping Program sneaking up on you and not that you sent an empty package?

I like this thread very much.

Why is it that every time someone asks a question a few people on here have to be tools. Do you really think I'd ask the question if I sent an empty package. I've sold here and ebay for years and yes this program is something I never heard of till I got screwed by it.

OK, didn't realize ebay has it's own global shipping service. The package goes to them and then they ship it internationally apparantly. Well I got this message today..

We are contacting you regarding eBay Item #: 321724254278 which you recently sold to your buyer, gellert1112. We received your parcel at our shipping center in Erlanger, KY; however, the parcel arrived empty of the item. We are unable to ship the parcel forward because of this.

At this time we encourage you to issue a refund in full to your buyer and to contact your shipping carrier to start the shipping insurance claim process.

If you have any questions please, contact us by phone. To do this simply go to eBay.com and click on the customer support tab at the top right of the screen. Next you will click the contact us button to the right, and need to specify your concern to be routed to the proper department. You will eventually get a pin number and a phone number to call us.

We thank you for all of your eBay business and for taking care of your buyer. Its great sellers like you that make eBay the best place to buy and sell online.

Sincerely,

eBay Customer Service

The package address was KY so why would it go there and then they ship it, makes no sense. I thought the guy lived in Kentucky but turns out he is in Australia.

lol

So the primary driver of your story is the Global Shipping Program sneaking up on you and not that you sent an empty package?

Why is it that every time someone asks a question a few people on here have to be tools. Do you really think I'd ask the question if I sent an empty package. I've sold here and ebay for years and yes this program is something I never heard of till I got screwed by it.

:popcorn:

Sincerely,

eBay Customer Service

lol

What's your name on eBay? Sounds like bad packaging to me. How did the program screw you?

Hi, I'm an uniformed EBAY seller who pays little attention to where my packages are going, and my seller preferences. Additionally, I'm unconcerned when my packages are found to be empty, and prefer to announce it on public internet forums and then wonder why people would ask me about it.

For the longest time, I was never exposed to the GSP. Now, every one of my auctions has it automatically checked off and I have to UN-check it so as to not be included. I think that's completely wrong, but there you are.

-slym

Why not?

Everyone outside of the CONUS is a scam artist. Also, they are trying to protect us from the high costs of signature delivery.

Ruling through fear. hm

Why not?

Like vaillant, and two others in this thread, I hear many users abroad say they won't buy from people that offer international shipping through the GSP, for all the reasons he brought up.

As far as not using the GSP but shipping international on my terms, it seems like a huge hassle if there is a problem on either end. It comes from an incident I had in the past, where I sold a large amount of t-shirts to someone in England, and he chose the cheapest shipping option, knowing it could take a long time. The entire time during shipping, he hassled me about it until the shirts arrived. I can't make a boat go faster, Mr. Impatient! If you wanted them faster, you should have ponied up for the better shipping!

I guess I am unwarranted in my suspicions, but I still have them.

:(

That being said, I would not hesitate to ship to anyone anywhere if they were a member in good standing of these boards.

:)

-slym

Why not?

That's not my reason. Please, everyone, don't think these are my reasons.

-slym

Why not?

That's not my reason. Please, everyone, don't think these are my reasons.

-slym

hm

If you wanted them faster, you should have ponied up for the better shipping!

I guess I am unwarranted in my suspicions, but I still have them.

(shrug)

Hi, I'm an uniformed EBAY seller who pays little attention to where my packages are going, and my seller preferences. Additionally, I'm unconcerned when my packages are found to be empty, and prefer to announce it on public internet forums and then wonder why people would ask me about it.

Listen, I printed my own shipping label and shipped to the address given to me by ebay. Been doing that for years. I just didn't understand why ebay would handle the package then ship it themselves. Yes I was uninformed that this actually happens but it sounds like a new service, Common sense would tell you that I was upset that they said the package was empty.

Listen, I printed my own shipping label and shipped to the address given to me by ebay. Been doing that for years. I just didn't understand why ebay would handle the package then ship it themselves. Yes I was uninformed that this actually happens but it sounds like a new service, Common sense would tell you that I was upset that they said the package was empty.

Did they send it back to you?

Did they say it looked like it had been it been opened and reclosed?

Or damaged so bad that the item fell out?

What do you think happened to it?

What was the item?

The empty box is the interesting part of this thread for me.

As stated before in the thread, go into your preferences and opt out of the GSP. Then it won't show up at all when you list items and you can forget about it.

I don't use it. It's horrid.

That being said, I ship international all the time with zero issues. I only offer Priority Tracked Shipping. If a buyer doesn't want that, I can't help them. I need to be protected and show that the package arrives where I send it. So far so great, as international is a significant portion of my sales each week. If you sell mostly comics, Flat Rate is the way to go. Same cost every time, easy-peasy.

I don't think anyone believes you're a scammer, but the way you presented your initial post, it raises more questions than sympathy.

Your post basically says,"I'm ignorant on this (very searchable) topic (that is not as new I as think it is). And not only that, there's a chance I tried to send an empty package to someone in Australia."

Could have gone with "Has anyone come across global ebay shipping? I thought I was sending to Kentucky, but turns out its supposed to go to Australia." Any additional information would be helpful.

Or you could have just googled outright.

They check the contents because you, as the seller, are only responsible to get the item shipped to eBay. eBay covers all damages from the shipping centre to the buyer.

What was the item?

Additionally, some people might be on the fence (or just as ignorant) about ebay global shipping and wonder if the empty package has to do with ebay global shipping. Or might wonder if YOU think it does, especially since you (OP) appear not to know about it.

But you can't see why someone would infer that, so I guess those are not relevant questions.

Sincerely,

eBay Customer Service

lol

What's your name on eBay? Sounds like bad packaging to me. How did the program screw you?

yes, please share :wishluck:

What was the item?

Additionally, some people might be on the fence (or just as ignorant) about ebay global shipping and wonder if the empty package has to do with ebay global shipping. Or might wonder if YOU think it does, especially since you (OP) appear not to know about it.

But you can't see why someone would infer that, so I guess those are not relevant questions.

That's exactly where I'm coming from in asking

If this was me, I'd be mad that ebay misrepresented the whole deal to me.

Made me think I was selling to a domestic buyer, rerouted my package without my knowledge, and then either lost, or stole my item, and then said it's my fault.

What was the item?

That's exactly where I'm coming from in asking

If this was me, I'd be mad that ebay misrepresented the whole deal to me.

Made me think I was selling to a domestic buyer, rerouted my package without my knowledge, and then either lost, or stole my item, and then said it's my fault.

It's funny because if you read my initial post that's exactly what I asked.