• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uh oh! FF movie release delayed...

24 posts in this topic

Maybe they realized:

1) The film sucks.

2) The Dark Angel wasn't right for the part of Suzie.

and 3) The Thing costume was all wrong.

How can you say (1) and (2) without seeing it first?

As for (3), he looks a lot like the Thing Kirby drew in the early days. He didn't get his "rock"-like skin until later.

Maybe they realized:

1) The film sucks.

As for (3), he looks a lot like the Thing Kirby drew in the early days. He didn't get his "rock"-like skin until later.

lynch mob out already on this movie. I would like to think about giving it a chance since I am the eternal optimist!

Davidking623

Maybe they realized:

1) The film sucks.

lynch mob out already on this movie. I would like to think about giving it a chance since I am the eternal optimist!

Davidking623

No, it's only Hobgoblin. insane.gif He's replaced JC, at least in spirit.

Maybe they realized:

1) The film sucks.

Davidking623

No, it's only Hobgoblin. insane.gif He's replaced JC, at least in spirit.

Yes. Don't worry, it's been almost a week; he should be "taking time off" and coming back under yet ANOTHER screen name any day now.

However, the stakes were raised when Paramount premiered its own 30-second teaser for War of the Worlds during Sunday's Super Bowl.

The move should help protect Fantastic Four from getting blown away, especially since its pedigree doesn't match War's. The superhero flick has a largely unknown cast--Alba's the biggest name--and a relatively untested director in Tim Story, whose previous credits include two comedies--the 2002 box-office surprise Barbershop and last year's woeful Taxi.

Fantastic Four now goes up against Sony's Bewitched, starring Nicole Kidman and Will Ferrell (news), and Universal's thriller, Skeleton Key, with Kate Hudson. Fox will now counter the onslaught of War of the Worlds with Roll Bounce on July 1 in Fantastic's place. The comedy features pint-sized rapper Bow Wow.

Guess the WAR of the WORLDS trailer during the SuperBowl numbers came in strong.... so rather than tank in a head to head battle, FF'll live to fight another day in a week. Not a great sign, but should help the 1st week number a bit against the 2nd week of WAR.

However, the stakes were raised when Paramount premiered its own 30-second teaser for War of the Worlds during Sunday's Super Bowl.

The move should help protect Fantastic Four from getting blown away, especially since its pedigree doesn't match War's. The superhero flick has a largely unknown cast--Alba's the biggest name--and a relatively untested director in Tim Story, whose previous credits include two comedies--the 2002 box-office surprise Barbershop and last year's woeful Taxi.

Fantastic Four now goes up against Sony's Bewitched, starring Nicole Kidman and Will Ferrell (news), and Universal's thriller, Skeleton Key, with Kate Hudson. Fox will now counter the onslaught of War of the Worlds with Roll Bounce on July 1 in Fantastic's place. The comedy features pint-sized rapper Bow Wow.

Guess the WAR of the WORLDS trailer during the SuperBowl numbers came in strong.... so rather than tank in a head to head battle, FF'll live to fight another day in a week. Not a great sign, but should help the 1st week number a bit against the 2nd week of WAR.

I think it's smart for them to move the date.

Opening a week after War of the Worlds will doom this movie straight out of the gates. (No pun intended.) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

doesn't that Thing costume remind you of those Swamp Thing movies from the early 80s? A big sweaty rubbermaid BO catcher for the actors...

He reminds me of Brundle Fly. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Davidking623

Me too! thumbsup2.gif

I'm looking forward to the film.

There is no way anyone can judge this film yet cause they haven't SEEN IT!!!

Joe

I just want to say something to the naysayers who keep downing the FF film BEFORE it has even come out: you insufficiently_thoughtful_person naysayers are a bunch of monkey [#@$%!!!] bastards.

Whoa! Calm down there, Jedi! Put that light saber away!

27_laughing.gif

I'm glad to see you're passionate! thumbsup2.gif

Joe

I just want to say something to the naysayers who keep downing the FF film BEFORE it has even come out: you insufficiently_thoughtful_person naysayers are a bunch of monkey [#@$%!!!] bastards.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif I agree, and not just because of the movie in question here. thumbsup2.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif I agree, and not just because of the movie in question here. thumbsup2.gif

I'm not biased at all either insane.gif