• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS Action comics #11 CGC 5.0 1939 $2300 Shipped

19 posts in this topic

Action Comics #11 CGC 5.0 (1939) OFF-WHITE TO WHITE Pages

Slight (a) small amount of color touch on cover, small amount of glue on interior cover

Was previously graded 5.5, i had the comic reholdered because of some scratches on the old case and came back 5.0. I also think this is the rockford copy. There is very minor color touch near the bottom staple which can be removed, the rockford Action #6 and #16 both had slight color touch at one time which was removed to a universal grade

11th appearance of Superman! Very Scarce

$2300 shipped through paypal in Canada and the USA

feel free to PM questions

154872.jpg.51850396de661051726f20aa6fe9b0c7.jpg

Was previously graded 5.5, i had the comic reholdered because of some scratches on the old case and came back 5.0.

that makes no sense. why would it be graded anew if it was only sent for a re-holdering ?

I've even had an old label book sent it for a new label and it wasn't re-graded (shrug)

CGC should explain themselves.

Was previously graded 5.5, i had the comic reholdered because of some scratches on the old case and came back 5.0.

that makes no sense. why would it be graded anew if it was only sent for a re-holdering ?

I've even had an old label book sent it for a new label and it wasn't re-graded (shrug)

They do look at every book that's subbed for reholdering. Sometimes the grade changes.

They will only re-grade if two or more of the corner posts are popped.

Either way, that is a great early Action cover. :cloud9:

-J.

They do look at every book that's subbed for reholdering. Sometimes the grade changes.

And do they charge you extra for having re-graded the book ? Also, what if they thought the book deserved a bump upward. Would they give it ? And finally, that isn't very fair to the owner is it ? I could accept that on a resub but that was not what was solicited.

That's untrue. They will regrade the book if the grade on the new label does not match the book. I've had it happen and no corner posts were broken.

Also, I don't know if they go up in grade but they will go down in grade...most likely to be able to account for damage or downgrading a book might experience over time.

It seems damaged cases are a hot topic today.

In case the question was not answered if you look on CGC's web site you will see a reholder fee listed.

It is to my understanding that when the book is reholdered it will undergo a brief reassessment of its current grade.

As far as getting a bump up in grade the only case I have heard of this is when folks talk about "old label goodness". That is when CGC was more strict about their grades and an old label book was subbed for reholdering. The subsequent evaluation was where a potential upgrade could occur.

Sorry to the seller for disrupting his sale thread.

GLWS.

That's untrue. They will regrade the book if the grade on the new label does not match the book. I've had it happen and no corner posts were broken.

Also, I don't know if they go up in grade but they will go down in grade...most likely to be able to account for damage or downgrading a book might experience over time.

That odd experience you personally had notwithstanding, you may want to re-read what gemma said in the link above. (thumbs u

-J.

That odd experience you personally had notwithstanding, you may want to re-read what gemma said in the link above. (thumbs u

-J.

Just did. Gemma stated that if the book experienced damage it could get downgraded even though the holder is not damaged.

Are we agreeing?

I would say that this is the situation 99.999% of the time, and was thus Gemma's initial response :

"The case and comic will be inspected for damage, but the book will not be reconsidered for grading unless damage has occurred. (for example, if the book is dropped and the case shatters in one corner it is possible that the corner of the book could have suffered damage, so that is what is checked for) If this is the case we would contact you."

Obviously anything under the sun is "possible" but some of the contigencies and "what-if" scenarios that were later asked of her are extraordinarily unlikely and uncommon. (thumbs u

-J.

Obviously anything under the sun is "possible" but some of the contigencies and "what-if" scenarios that were later asked of her are extraordinarily unlikely and uncommon.

It's actually not that uncommon for a book to get damaged in a slab through poor handling, shipping, dropping or just constant jostling.

In my case, my book had a tear that got progressively worse over a period of 10 years that the book was in the slab.

Obviously anything under the sun is "possible" but some of the contigencies and "what-if" scenarios that were later asked of her are extraordinarily unlikely and uncommon.

It's actually not that uncommon for a book to get damaged in a slab through poor handling, shipping, dropping or just constant jostling.

In my case, my book had a tear that got progressively worse over a period of 10 years that the book was in the slab.

I remember a low grade blue Marvel 2 that someone bought about 10 years ago and by the time it arrived to them, the FC had detached from spine and was laying loose in the slab :P