• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

asm #1 tape removal or just let it be?

20 posts in this topic

Hey guys I found someone who wants to sell a collection and unfortunately the keys have tape on them because the grandpa thought it would preserve them

so my questions are

Can tape be removed?

how badly would it damage the comic?

Since the comics have been taped for a while would removing the tape rip out the staples that are rusted?

here is a example

AMAZING%20SPIDER-MAN1.jpeg

Thanks in advance

If the staples were fine, I would say remove the tape to stop the further damage but it looks like its extreme with the rusted out staples/staining of the tape.

thanks for the insight I appreciate it :)

While it may be pricey, I'd definitely let Matt Nelson evaluate the book. After all, it looks like a really nice book structurally.

what about the rusty staples?

I've heard staples can be replaced, without being considered restored, as long as the replacement staples are vintage to that book. Matt would definitely be your best bet for staple replacement.

While it may be pricey, I'd definitely let Matt Nelson evaluate the book. After all, it looks like a really nice book structurally.

I've heard staples can be replaced, without being considered restored, as long as the replacement staples are vintage to that book. Matt would definitely be your best bet for staple replacement.

oh yeah forgot about that thanks for the reminder

I overheard the conversation between Matt and his client about the rusty staples. He said, "All you do is to scrap the rust off the staple inside and outside with X-Acto knife."

IF the rusty staples affected the pages and covers, there is nothing about it. I have seen many books with the rust staples that affected the books. I passed them but few.

I overheard the conversation between Matt and his client about the rusty staples. He said, "All you do is to scrap the rust off the staple inside and outside with X-Acto knife."

IF the rusty staples affected the pages and covers, there is nothing about it. I have seen many books with the rust staples that affected the books. I passed them but few.

thanks for that I appreciate it so does that count as restoration because of the cleaned staples?

I've had really old tape just fall off.

really do you think I'd be that lucky?

Maybe if you kept it in a warm place for 20 years